Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: If one more person says ''I bet its like painting the Forth Bridge''

The thing I miss from the wooden boat days is the transformation when the top coat goes on. You forget the hours of preparation that get you to that stage. Not the same satisfaction as spending the same number of hours polishing white gel coat!

Default Re: If one more person says ''I bet its like painting the Forth Bridge''

Quote Originally Posted by Tris View Post
    Hi New on here so i thought i would post a couple of pics of my Boat. She's a 1953 Sandbanks Motor sailer with a Gardner 4lw' 40ft long' 11beam' Oak' teak' & mahogany' Iv'e had her for around 11ish years & had No idea how much nonstop work she would be when i bought her! But she looks good!
    Looks good, it is a lot of work but boats are in general.

Quote Originally Posted by dancrane View Post

Seriously though, Phill...surely you've encountered wooden boats you didn't especially like, and GRP yachts with lines you couldn't help admiring?
    I agree, I was being a little tongue in cheek there. I do like the look of Hamburg Rassy’s and island Packets.

That is a very nice looking boat and so much prettier than modern power boats.

We like the lines of our Finesse and she is the only wooden boat in Saundersfoot. Modern high-hipped, fat-sterned ‘yachts’ don’t do it for us..
    AF6E7933-8AAA-42E0-B19B-B002579332A2.jpg

Come to think of it i think i'm the only wooden boat in my marina aswell !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123