Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New sails

Default Re: New sails

Crusader may be relatively cheap, but I have heard their long-term quality questioned. I agree that it is a good idea to use a local sailmaker whom you can easily go to if there are post sale problems etc I recommend 'Advantage Sails' at Brightlingsea. They use quality materials but are not overly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by yerffoeg View Post
    Crusader may be relatively cheap, but I have heard their long-term quality questioned. I agree that it is a good idea to use a local sailmaker whom you can easily go to if there are post sale problems etc I recommend 'Advantage Sails' at Brightlingsea. They use quality materials but are not overly expensive.
    Thanks for advice all, duly noted. Now where did I put my cheque book.....

Had a bad experience with Crusader, about 6 years ago.
    The arrogant owner could have admitted his fault, but he used bully tactics.
    His loss, I am happy to declare my misfortune.
    Dolphin have had a 5 figure since this trauma.
    Levington is good, also had much of my hard earned cash.
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by yerffoeg View Post
    Mark Self at Advantage in Brightlingsea did an excellent job of my Genoa, also the sprayhood, cockpit tent, sail covers, dodgers and sun awnings.
    Quotes were very reasonable and came in on budget. Similar to Crusader and 50% of a similar quote from North for my insurance.
    He has a Facebook page with a good gallery
    Champion sailor himself.....
    'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com 4th Edition now available......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123