Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Any advice for cruising Ibiza in a 10.5m boat?

May will be quiet but bear in mind that the sea will still be chilly as it doesn’t really warm up until mid to late June so you might prefer that. This year the first two weeks of September were much busier than normal but that may have been due to people delaying holidays because the weather was so good throughout Europe so there was no need to be in the Med in August
    I believe that Santa Eulalia required a minimum of five or six nights this year so you’d need to check. Botafoch situation is unsure as the concession ends in 2019 and no one seems to know what’s going to happen there, especially with the smaller berths.

Depending on traffic and the size of your cruise ship, you dock in the eastern part of the harbor near Carrer de Botafoch about 1.5 km from the city center or closer to the old city and its sights at Avinguda de les Andanes. From the harbor you have a beautiful view of the old upper town, called Dalt Vila. I wanted to go to a cruise but had lots a problems with my boat. Here you can read my story https://princess55fly.blogspot.com/p/home.html Have a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikofer78 View Post
    I wanted to go to a cruise but had lots a problems with my boat. Here you can read my story https://princess55fly.blogspot.com/p/home.html Have a good time!
    I came across your website a few weeks ago. It's unusual to read about issues like yours on a Princess but I hope everything is now sorted.

Thanks all for the comments. There's no particular issue with the boat that would restrict us to a single night at anchor but SWMBO would go stir crazy for more than a night.

I do however think that a combination of IB Ports and a night or so on pre-booked morning buoys might give us the basis of a decent cruise. Plus we can try our luck in Botafoch at the start or end of the cruise.

We're not big sea swimmers so aren't bothered if the sea is still cold.

Hi Pete
    You can book San Antonio as i did 2 years ago in June.
    I think they do it online as well.
    You do have to pre pay so just be careful you can get there if weather turns out to be an issue.

[QUOTE=petem;6586356]I'm actually thinking May or September Mike. Definitely not peak season.

As for availability of berths, I suspect length is crucial. For example, in Mallorca I couldn't get a winter berth for love nor money however Jrudge seems to have no problems.

Perhaps he reads his private messages ?

Quote Originally Posted by itspaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    I'm actually thinking May or September Mike. Definitely not peak season.

As for availability of berths, I suspect length is crucial. For example, in Mallorca I couldn't get a winter berth for love nor money however Jrudge seems to have no problems.
    Perhaps he reads his private messages ?
    Sorry Paul, I did get your message and meant to reply when I got back from our cruise but forgot all about it. I'm not normally that rude, honestly!

You are quite right, Alcudia does have space but they wanted the best part of €10k for the privelege. That's dearer than Club De Mar, Portals and Adriano.

What's daft is that they don't vary their prices between Summer and Winter so they end up being particularly poor value if you just want to stay there for the Winter period. Perhaps that's why they have space and nobody else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Truro Ex Pat View Post
    Hi Pete
    You can book San Antonio as i did 2 years ago in June.
    I think they do it online as well.
    You do have to pre pay so just be careful you can get there if weather turns out to be an issue.
    N, that's good to know. A week based in San Antonio would be ideal for us.

Reading this thread with interest. I also hope to go over to Ibiza next year. I expect it would be in September.

Petem - please update the thread with whatever you do!
    Last edited by TonyR123; 29-10-18 at 16:29.

Although San Antonio has access to the beaches of the West coast of Ibiza it wouldn’t be my choice of marina. San Antonio itself is pretty much the worst aspect of Ibiza and it’s not somewhere I’d want to be based for a week’s visit to this wonderful island.
    My advice would be to book now a stay for five or six nights in Santa Eulalia and spent one or two nights at anchor at the beginning or end of your trip over on Formentera.
    Santa Eulalia Marina is a five minute walk to the town where you have a vast variety of restaurants and shops and it’s a really pleasant place so there’s more than enough to do during the non-boating hours.
    You also have a short trip to some of the beautiful calas in the North of Ibiza ( Cala Xarracca, Portinaxt, Benirras) as well as an easy run over to Formentera. If you try now you might even get a berth in the marina on Formentera if it’s just for a night or two, although it isn’t cheap.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast