Thread: BATTERIES

Default BATTERIES

I need 2 new batteries to run my windlass and thruster. What is the difference sealed, agm and gell Is it worth paying more. Will they last longer. I am not wanting to spend more than 150 each. Hopefully a bit less. Presently have Numax XV31MF 110AH . Can not be bigger than 31cm * 16cm

Default Re: BATTERIES

Quote Originally Posted by jetgo888 View Post
    I need 2 new batteries to run my windlass and thruster. What is the difference sealed, agm and gell Is it worth paying more. Will they last longer. I am not wanting to spend more than 150 each. Hopefully a bit less. Presently have Numax XV31MF 110AH . Can not be bigger than 31cm * 16cm
    According to Tayna, your XV31MF batteries are 330L x 172W, so rather larger than your stated max size. However, if your batteries fit, why not just buy the same again?

Quote Originally Posted by jetgo888 View Post
    I got Hangkook 110ah batteries here (Batterie Megastore - just outside Caen) at a very good price. They are guaranteed for 3 years. The owner is Welsh and so probably also has a UK operation.

https://www.batteriemegastore.fr/pro...batteries.html

Yes : Here it is :

https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/b...batteries.html

What you can do is replace your 110Ah batteries with 140Ah versions, they have the same footprint but are about 1" taller. The difference is huge, when you take your boats overhead of auto-pilot, plotter and fridge after a 12 hour sail you batteries are don't leave a lot left for lighting etc, but the extra 30Ah might double or treble you capacity if you see what I mean. In addition the extra capacity means that you are discharging the batteries less which is being kinder to them and they will last longer.