Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Visas?

Default Re: Visas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Sorry, my translator, Mrs Sandy is not here at the moment, what is that in English?
    What I put into Google translate was "Are you familiar with sarcasm".

When I said business spivs, I didn't really mean that I thought Brittany ferries was run by spivs. I was having a sarcastic pop at those Brexiteers who fear that businessmen might rain on their Brexit parade by pointing out some inconvenient truths.

getting a visa for the USA is that easy, I am not sure about a 30 min wait when we arrive in Roscoff on the ferry. It normally takes us, as foot passengers, about 30 mins to check into France currently we can go through two passport controls, only one is marked for non-EU citizens. I'll let you know next time we pop over.
    I think you will find all EU nationals are treated the same for the USA, and as an EU national the USA will still treat you the same until brexit .
    I do believe the USA will still have the same requirements in place , my wife and daughter and US citizens so I would be surprised if anything changed , you all all getting carried away with your time, as if you will be stopped at the border of the EU and not get in, stop reading the Guardian people its putting ideas into your head
    auribus teneo lupum

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    Someone already did. (Although there was no definitive "won't", just a likelihood. The citizens of over one third of all non-EU countries on the planet do not currently need a visa to visit the EU.)
    Because their governments have done a deal with the EU for Visa-free access. If we leave without a deal, by definition our government won't have done a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    I think you will find all EU nationals are treated the same for the USA, and as an EU national the USA will still treat you the same until brexit .
    I do believe the USA will still have the same requirements in place , my wife and daughter and US citizens so I would be surprised if anything changed , you all all getting carried away with your time, as if you will be stopped at the border of the EU and not get in, stop reading the Guardian people its putting ideas into your head
    The thing is nobody knows. I expect we will all find out next summer.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

Did it take six pages of posts for someone to spot this?
    I started off with nothing, and still have most of it left.

Right. Bit inconvenient when you're trying to book a holiday now though isn't it?

Last time I needed a visa was when I went to Turkey. The genuine website was surprisingly difficult to find as there were loads of unofficial sites offering the service whose website optimisation was better and they appeared higher in the Google ranking. I imagine the potential for being ripped off will be significant if we do need visas.

As for Brittany Ferries, considering they are on my doorstep, and I can see their port from where I work, it is the ferry company I use the least. Their website is appalling - truly awful. They may reverse that 5% drop by making it easier to actually book a ferry, and make it possible to find some of the offers they advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by ronsurf View Post
    ...As for Brittany Ferries, considering they are on my doorstep, and I can see their port from where I work, it is the ferry company I use the least. Their website is appalling - truly awful. They may reverse that 5% drop by making it easier to actually book a ferry, and make it possible to find some of the offers they advertise.
    Good point. It has become the fashion to blame uncertainties of brexit etc to business failures. I noticed JLR said brexit / Trump/China tariffs etc were mostly to blame for sales slow down a week or so ago, when other manufacturers sales in China are still booming.
    I started off with nothing, and still have most of it left.

Bricks & mortar: Italy. Me & boat: Aegean

Quote Originally Posted by st599 View Post
    Because their governments have done a deal with the EU for Visa-free access. If we leave without a deal, by definition our government won't have done a deal.
    Very fair point, although (inevitably) it seems a little more complex than that. France is already considering legislation in the event of no deal requiring UK nationals to have visas for stays of six months plus. No mention of 90 day visas.
    Nonetheless, if there is no deal, you may well be right until treaty wheels begin whirring.
    All epigrams are false

Dunno why people are bothering about foot passengers going through passport controls or airport queues.
    I intend to go in my boat
    I expect immigration officials will come & find me, rather than me queue for them.
    Last edited by Daydream believer; 06-11-18 at 18:33.
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

Quote Originally Posted by ronsurf View Post
    Can someone explain why Visas won't be needed. Come March we leave the EU, therefore the EU nationals bit won't apply. So surely we would need a Visa to enter the EU? As someone said. Money talks, you just have to spend it on a visa.

As usual, there's been zero reliable information on this. The only information is if there's a no deal, because if there is a deal, no-one knows what it is. It seems if you have less than 6 months on your passport you may have a problem. Other than that this document is supposed to explain it, but a good part of it is devoted to the new blue passport we're going to have to have.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...no-brexit-deal
    Load of cobblers, I remember travelling to Europe before we were in, sho passport, welcome!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast