Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Visas?

Default Re: Visas?

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    An interesting Graph from the EU showing that UK tourism spend is only second to the Germans
    so thats a lot of money the EU especially Spain , France ,and Italy are the main beneficiaries of the UK spend.https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...%80%932016.png
    Looks like a win of 21 billion euros in our balance of payments if the borders are closed. Yet another Brexit bonus!

An interesting Graph from the EU showing that UK tourism spend is only second to the Germans
    so thats a lot of money the EU especially Spain , France ,and Italy are the main beneficiaries of the UK spend.https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...%80%932016.png
    All that says is that British residents spend ~20bn more than is spend here. It doesn't say what proportion of that expenditure is in the EU. I expect a lot is, but the higher cost of long-haul tourism will affect things significantly.

It does, however, emphasize that free movement to and from Britain matters - financially, at any rate - more to us than to furriners.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by awol View Post
    Looks like a win of 21 billion euros in our balance of payments if the borders are closed. Yet another Brexit bonus!
    But shares in Blackpool boarding houses!
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Return of the Costa Clyde?

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Are we likely to need them, come next summer?
    Nope, not with one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by GHA View Post
    Nope, not with one of these.

I reckon on leaving the UK with my blue passport and entering Europe on my red yin and vice versa on the way back. Which one do I use for air tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by awol View Post
    I reckon on leaving the UK with my blue passport and entering Europe on my red yin and vice versa on the way back. Which one do I use for air tickets?
    That is an interesting Question my Wife is a USA citizen but can get a UK passport when she gets the motivation to do so , but she must always travel on her US passport when entering the USA , dont know how it will, work for duel nationals from UK , EU
    auribus teneo lupum

Quote Originally Posted by akyaka View Post
    Why should the Schengen countries give us any special treatment and vary their 90 days in any 180 days with a valid visa rule.
    1.Because they want access to our country as much as we do to their's.
    2. Because the Brits spend an awful lot of money over there, both as holiday makers and ex pats.

Me: Johannesburg South Africa Yacht: Durban East Coast Africa

That is an interesting Question my Wife is a USA citizen but can get a UK passport when she gets the motivation to do so , but she must always travel on her US passport when entering the USA , dont know how it will, work for duel nationals from UK , EU
    I have both South African and British passports.

I leave SA on SA passport and enter UK on UK passport. I can leave UK on either, immigration will pickup the difference and then link the 2 passports for future travel.

I checked this with UK immigration last time I was in the UK
    Life is too short not to have a sea view
    Distantshaws tinyurl.com/yclt6l68

Quote Originally Posted by langstonelayabout View Post
    paperwork, licences, nationally-required equipment, liferaft service dates, flare expiry dates, contraband, red diesel
    Are flares and a liferaft mandatory in some countries ?
    And is contraband mandatory too ?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast