Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Visas?

Default Re: Visas?

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    Why would the EU Make it Hard for UK citizens move around Europe , we are one of the biggest exporters of tourists and some place in Europe relies on that money ,this scaremongering is in peoples heads, money will always talk.
    Indeed, Portugal already does a deal for Brit OAPs.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    Are flares and a liferaft mandatory in some countries ?
    And is contraband mandatory too ?
    He is just displaying ignorance. Apart from red diesel, nothing on that list is anything to do with the EU, but individual states. The nature of contraband is unlikely to change for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper_stu View Post
    Indeed, Portugal already does a deal for Brit OAPs.
    That is one export that should be encouraged.

I don't think that anything is going to change. There is a remain majority in the House of Commons so they will fudge it. We will leave in name only but it will be business as usual. May will use Labour to overrule the leave group in her own party to push through an "agreement". the result is nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    Anyway, moving around Europe isn't the issue, as Schengen takes care of that. It's getting into Europe which could be harder. I don't expect visas, though having to join the "Non-EU" passport queues is alsmost certain to slow things down a lot. If Brexit happens, of course.
    I also wonder about visiting other countries around the world. I was looking at being sent to South America for a short work trip, and their list of countries from which visas are not needed includes "EU nationals". Is everywhere going to instantly update their lists to add "UK" as a separate entity?

Pete

Bricks & mortar: Italy. Me & boat: Aegean

Quote Originally Posted by prv View Post
    Is everywhere going to instantly update their lists to add "UK" as a separate entity?
    I assume that's rhetorical, Pete. If not, the answer is the usual: NOHAFC.
    All epigrams are false

Can someone explain why Visas won't be needed. Come March we leave the EU, therefore the EU nationals bit won't apply. So surely we would need a Visa to enter the EU? As someone said. Money talks, you just have to spend it on a visa.

As usual, there's been zero reliable information on this. The only information is if there's a no deal, because if there is a deal, no-one knows what it is. It seems if you have less than 6 months on your passport you may have a problem. Other than that this document is supposed to explain it, but a good part of it is devoted to the new blue passport we're going to have to have.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...no-brexit-deal

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Are we likely to need them, come next summer?
    Best pack a Q flag just in case.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

I have no recollection of any meaningful difficulty travelling to Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands etc prior to UK joining EU? Why should there be in 2019- other than as an act of petty vindictiveness?

Brittany Ferries bookings for next summer are down 5% compared with this time last year. A spokesman said it is due to Brexit uncertainties; will visas be needed, will the EHIC card still be valid, wiil UK driving licences be accepted, etc?

Typical scaremongering by business spivs, of course. Anyone knows you only have to flourish your new blue passport at the damned garlic-eaters and all difficulties will disappear.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast