Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Visas?

Default Re: Visas?

If we do a deal we will probably not have to have visas but would still be restricted to 90 days in any 180.
    Of course we may yet do a deal where we stay in the single market and accept freedom of movement and so we would have no problems. Europeans would of course likewise have freedom of movement to the UK - fingers crossed but unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    Brittany Ferries bookings for next summer are down 5% compared with this time last year. A spokesman said it is due to Brexit uncertainties; will visas be needed, will the EHIC card still be valid, wiil UK driving licences be accepted, etc?

Typical scaremongering by business spivs, of course. Anyone knows you only have to flourish your new blue passport at the damned garlic-eaters and all difficulties will disappear.
    I am not sure I'd describe Brittany Ferries as spivs, the service they offer is excellent.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I am not sure I'd describe Brittany Ferries as spivs, the service they offer is excellent.
    Agree, regularly use the Spanish routes, very impressed with them

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Connaissez-vous le sarcasme, mon ami?

Bricks & mortar: Italy. Me & boat: Aegean

Quote Originally Posted by ronsurf View Post
    Can someone explain why Visas won't be needed.
    Someone already did. (Although there was no definitive "won't", just a likelihood. The citizens of over one third of all non-EU countries on the planet do not currently need a visa to visit the EU.)
    All epigrams are false

Quote Originally Posted by pagoda View Post
    I have no recollection of any meaningful difficulty travelling to Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands etc prior to UK joining EU? Why should there be in 2019- other than as an act of petty vindictiveness?
    The world is a different place to what it was then and no amount of wishing on a star is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    Connaissez-vous le sarcasme, mon ami?
    Sorry, my translator, Mrs Sandy is not here at the moment, what is that in English?

To be honest all I can say in French is, Je suis écossais, je ne parle pas français. It has served me well over the last 30 years travelling in France.

It can be funny translating the other way. Mrs Sandy was in the chemist shop trying to sort out some medicine for conjunctivitis, she turned to me and said they want to put salt water in my eye, I suggested to her it was saline solution.

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    The world is a different place to what it was then and no amount of wishing on a star is going to change that.
    Now when I was a little younger I went to visit my Great Gran mother in Poland during the cold war, Drove from Glasgow to Harwich through Holland , to W Germany , then into East Germany and the Poland last 2 still behind the Iron Curtain and apart from a full search of the car nothing happened had the right documentation and sailed through all check points , so please dont let those scare monger tell you it will be difficult , we have be in a pampered society , hey you might have to apply for a visa, pretty easy in the Internet world, hey you might que for an extra 30 mins but come on people seriously
    auribus teneo lupum

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    Now when I was a little younger I went to visit my Great Gran mother in Poland during the cold war, Drove from Glasgow to Harwich through Holland , to W Germany , then into East Germany and the Poland last 2 still behind the Iron Curtain and apart from a full search of the car nothing happened had the right documentation and sailed through all check points , so please dont let those scare monger tell you it will be difficult , we have be in a pampered society , hey you might have to apply for a visa, pretty easy in the Internet world, hey you might que for an extra 30 mins but come on people seriously
    Why should we 'have' to do any of this? You were sold a pup with Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    hey you might have to apply for a visa, pretty easy in the Internet world, hey you might que for an extra 30 mins but come on people seriously
    getting a visa for the USA is that easy, I am not sure about a 30 min wait when we arrive in Roscoff on the ferry. It normally takes us, as foot passengers, about 30 mins to check into France currently we can go through two passport controls, only one is marked for non-EU citizens. I'll let you know next time we pop over.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast