Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Me - Zumerzet Boat - Wareham
    Posts
    11,373

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Thankfully, some of us still have a proper paper driving licence.
    Obviously you're not 70 yet. Renew on line, you get a plastic one and have to cut the paper one in two and send it back!
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Got new ssr cert couple of months ago a sure somewhere it said you can laminate the paper doc if you want.
    It also said there was an example of the nos. and letters on the back of the letter which there wasn't, perhaps that why there is an increase in price ..having said all that its actually still a very cheap way to register a boat compared with other countries.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    A correction to my previous post, just checked the pdf attachment on my last ssr registry email and it was the declaration form not the ssr cert. The hard copy at homes does have the letters/numbers on the back, sorry to mislead with duff information.

    Chris

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The North West, either England, Wales or France
    Posts
    2,693

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    It was £10 in 2006. It then jumped to £25. So, I have been caught out exaggerating. 12 years, not a decade.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,924

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    "How much is inflation" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
    Question mark inflation would certainly appear to be rampant.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Dartmouth
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Part 1 registration has gone up from £49 to £72.
    Just got mine in before the deadline!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Here or there
    Posts
    75,817

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyInBed View Post
    Obviously you're not 70 yet. Renew on line, you get a plastic one and have to cut the paper one in two and send it back!
    I kept my paper one & no one asked / chased up sending it back
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Here or there
    Posts
    75,817

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Quote Originally Posted by andsarkit View Post
    Part 1 registration has gone up from £49 to £72.
    Just got mine in before the deadline!
    When i had one with previous boat it was £50 to change ownership, no other fee until details changed
    Its now a money spinner
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SW Leicestershire
    Posts
    998

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinderstu View Post
    Got new ssr cert couple of months ago a sure somewhere it said you can laminate the paper doc if you want.
    It also said there was an example of the nos. and letters on the back of the letter which there wasn't, perhaps that why there is an increase in price ..having said all that its actually still a very cheap way to register a boat compared with other countries.
    Just got my renewal - it doesn't say whether it's OK to laminate but I can't see any marks that laminating would interfere with

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,042

    Default Re: SSR registration fee increase

    Thanks for the tip off - registered my n2m boat yesterday at the old price.

    Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to