Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bristish sailors rescued from cat in Thailand after catching fire

Quote Originally Posted by savageseadog View Post
    A collection of Architects, Lawyers and Accountants....................................
    My boat is usually filled with engineers, would your comment be the same if it caught fire?
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

Contrary to the thread title, the boat was a monohull, not a cat. Two of the crew are known to me (members of my club).

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bumbulum View Post
    Nothing you fit can reduce the chance of a lightning strike, any precautions are merely to reduce it's effect.
    Wise words Old B. I stand (or sit) corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by iain789 View Post
    Contrary to the thread title, the boat was a monohull, not a cat. Two of the crew are known to me (members of my club).
    The newspaper report said cat, and when I watched the video I thought it was mono but couldn't be sure.
    How do they get things so wrong, maybe it was a Gally fire!
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Quote Originally Posted by savageseadog View Post
    A collection of Architects, Lawyers and Accountants....................................
    In Scotland at least 50% would be dentists. Unusual for architects not to be working 100 hours every week but the other two should have plenty of time to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    My boat is usually filled with engineers, would your comment be the same if it caught fire?
    He would be astounded, where do you find engineers with time on their hands?

You might want to edit that post.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    In Scotland at least 50% would be dentists.
    By gum they would know the drill. To crown it all they would also know the root problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stevepick View Post
    [Content removed]
    I think you are over-reacting given that there were no casualties. Certainly the language you are using is unacceptable on here and the spacers are no excuse.
    Last edited by Forum Admin Team; 05-11-18 at 23:32. Reason: Remove deleted quoted content

No sign of thunder and lightening in that video?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast