Default Aegean Pilot Guide

I'm looking for a pilot book for the west Aegean, particularly from Cape Sounion, up the east coast of the Greek mainland, to Thessaloniki and along towards the Turkish border, including the Evia, Skiros, Skopelos group of islands

From what I can see on the Imray website the Heikell "West Aegean" book only goes as far as Cape Sounion and the "East Aegean" book does not go far enough west and north.

That only leaves the "Greek Waters"

Have I missed something?

Default Re: Aegean Pilot Guide

I like the greek eagle ray pilot books, there are four in total covering all greek waters with the text in both greek and english, each volume contains all the charts port plans etc you will require, not cheap but excellent detail just be sure to check the chart datum, you can find their website via google, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Razorray View Post
    I like the greek eagle ray pilot books, there are four in total covering all greek waters with the text in both greek and english, each volume contains all the charts port plans etc you will require, not cheap but excellent detail just be sure to check the chart datum, you can find their website via google, cheers
    Thanks for this.

"Vol Ιl - Evvoia, Sporades, North Aegean" looks to be exactly what I need but as you say, not cheap: 90 is a bit too expensive, which is a shame.

Looks like I'll have to make do with "Greek Waters"

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Quote Originally Posted by Fascadale View Post
    Thanks for this.

"Vol Ιl - Evvoia, Sporades, North Aegean" looks to be exactly what I need but as you say, not cheap: € 90 is a bit too expensive, which is a shame.

Looks like I'll have to make do with "Greek Waters"
    We have sailed all the waters on your itinerary, some of them several times, and only ever had 'Greek Waters', which we found perfectly adequate. We have the Eagle Ray pilots for other Aegean waters and find them OK but very quirky. Most of his weather forecasting hints give us a good laugh. Don't overlook web-based Cruisers Wiki, which has good coverage of some areas.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    Don't overlook web-based Cruisers Wiki, which has good coverage of some areas.
    Thanks for this Vyv

Quote Originally Posted by Razorray View Post
    I like the greek eagle ray pilot books
    Razor ray - Eagle ray
    Is that just a coincide?
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency