Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Million dollar question

Good morning gentlemen, I am enquiring for a friend if anybody can tell me a rough estimate for the asking price for a Perret Fast 30, 1993 model in relatively good condition with all the normal extras. Marina berthed in the E.Med. Owner needs to sell for health reasons. thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: Million dollar question

Of course this may be your friend's boat.
    http://www.eyb-boats.com/sailing-yac...30/654178.html

Hi and thanks, yes that's the one, I cant find any info about the make or class on the internet, its not showing any interest on the market, I think it might be overpriced hence my enquiries on his behalf.

Not only overpriced but not an attractive boat in a very depressed market. Very few buyers around in Turkey and the boat can't be sold and used legally in the EU. Reducing the price significantly might attract a local buyer.

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

That seems to me to be a very reasonable asking price but unfortunately not a well known make, at least to Brits. So maybe a reduction would make up for that.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Unless she is already registered in Turkey then she can’t be bought and registered by a Turkish citizen so the chances of selling her here are slim unless you are lucky enough to find a foreigner who is resident in Turkey and qualifies to register her elsewhere outside the EU - I bought a VAT NOT PAID boat in Greece last year and registered in Jersey so I have no trouble entering the EU on a transit log. Not too many in my position around and in the market for a boat, I’d say. Sorry not to be more encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
    Unless she is already registered in Turkey then she can’t be bought and registered by a Turkish citizen so the chances of selling her here are slim unless you are lucky enough to find a foreigner who is resident in Turkey and qualifies to register her elsewhere outside the EU - I bought a VAT NOT PAID boat in Greece last year and registered in Jersey so I have no trouble entering the EU on a transit log. Not too many in my position around and in the market for a boat, I’d say. Sorry not to be more encouraging.
    One of the brokerage listings for this boat mentions that it is UK registered.

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    One of the brokerage listings for this boat mentions that it is UK registered.
    Registration is (almost) irrelevant when it comes to entry into the EU. There are only two ways it could be used in the EU. The first if it is imported and VAT is paid. Then registration is completely irrelevant and does not even have to be registered in an EU state. The second if it is owned by a non EU resident it can enter for short periods under Temporary Importation rules. It must then be registered in a non EU state. Its use is constrained and it cannot be sold in the EU without paying VAT.

So its market is limited to buyers who are EU residents who are prepared to keep it outside the EU, or pay VAT to bring it in; or non EU residents.

Probably in the wrong place. Not sure that many potential buyers are going to want to travel to Turkey to look at a boat at that price point unless they know they want that particular model. The listing above on EYB is not particularly good, I would have thought more / better phots would help. If the design is not well known the buyer is going to need more photos to be able to visualise the internal lay out and so on.

Might get more interest in UK but the market is really not good for boats of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranona View Post
    . It must then be registered in a non EU state. Its use is constrained and it cannot be sold in the EU without paying VAT.
    I have no intention of getting into a protracted debate but this is not so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast