Default Musing over broker price differences.

Found this whilst looking at "if I won a lottery" moment.
    https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats...jongert/page3/

Same Jongert 14 for sale, with one broker €150,000 (photos show clean dry teak deck), with another €198,000 (photos show green/wet teak deck), otherwise same boat. How can the difference be justified? Surely any prospective buyer is going to spot the difference.

PS, anyone know if they actually sail, just in case tonights ticket comes good?

Default Re: Musing over broker price differences.

Quote Originally Posted by alant View Post
    Found this whilst looking at "if I won a lottery" moment.
    https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats...jongert/page3/

Same Jongert 14 for sale, with one broker €150,000 (photos show clean dry teak deck), with another €198,000 (photos show green/wet teak deck), otherwise same boat. How can the difference be justified? Surely any prospective buyer is going to spot the difference.

Nothing mysterious at all. The seller has dropped the price and either only told one of the brokers or the other is inefficient in updating his listing.

Happens quite often when sellers instruct more than one broker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranona View Post
    Nothing mysterious at all. The seller has dropped the price and either only told one of the brokers or the other is inefficient in updating his listing.

Happens quite often when sellers instruct more than one broker.
    Hardly believe the Dutch broker wouldn't have noticed.
    They are the broker showing poor deck condition.

Hardly believe the Dutch broker wouldn't have noticed.
    They are the broker showing poor deck condition.
    Do you have any other suggestions? Why are you assuming the Dutch broker is efficient? There are loads of boats still listed on brokerage sites with wrong prices, wrong details or not even actually for sale or have been sold by another broker.

If you want to buy the boat then go to the broker with the lower price.

This boat has been on said brokers for over 1 year now , same pictures and prices , was looking to buy a Jongert for my circumnavigation , some beautiful ones , but steel and heavy, but nice and safe , and can store plenty in it.
    Ah if only

Barbican Yacht Agency were listing the boat in 2016 at €199,000.

Chap I crewed for years ago did a couple of cruises in company with one, in the Caribbean. ‘Slowly’ was his politer response. To give you a basis for comparison, his own boat was a SHE 36.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewfromFal View Post
    Chap I crewed for years ago did a couple of cruises in company with one, in the Caribbean. ‘Slowly’ was his politer response. To give you a basis for comparison, his own boat was a SHE 36.
    Chalk & cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranona View Post
    Do you have any other suggestions? Why are you assuming the Dutch broker is efficient? There are loads of boats still listed on brokerage sites with wrong prices, wrong details or not even actually for sale or have been sold by another broker.

If you want to buy the boat then go to the broker with the lower price.
    I've just bought a boat that was advertised by 4 brokers at 4 different prices with a 30k euros difference between dearest and cheapest … I offered on the cheapest but I might have been a bit miffed if I'd not checked everywhere and had offered on the most expensive. I did the deal a month ago now but it's still being advertised by 2 of the brokers at the highest 2 prices … the moral of the story is … obvious! …

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher 5 View Post
    I've just bought a boat that was advertised by 4 brokers at 4 different prices with a 30k euros difference between dearest and cheapest … I offered on the cheapest but I might have been a bit miffed if I'd not checked everywhere and had offered on the most expensive. I did the deal a month ago now but it's still being advertised by 2 of the brokers at the highest 2 prices … the moral of the story is … obvious! …
    Alternative 1: the broker is lazy and or wants to pad out his measly list of boats for sale.
    Alternative 2: the owner has not told all of the brokers with whom he listed the boat that he has dealt with someone else.