Thread: Windy 27 Solano

Default Windy 27 Solano

Every now and again I see a boat that makes me think "I want one"!

This Windy Solano is one of those boats.

Whilst I do think the video is great (music isn't to everyone's liking I see) I do have one complaint. Hugo claims to show us exactly how an owner would use one but where's the shots of him in his onesie bedding down for the night and where's the shots of him making a cup of tea and tucking into his Ready Brek the following morning? come on Hugo, do the job properly!

Interestingly, I believe that the boat is offered with a wetbar / fridge, etc in lieu of the starboard cockpit bench. I think that's the version I'd go for (more beer storage) . As for the price, at £200k I think I'll have to wait for some savage depreciation before I buy one.

Default Re: Windy 27 Solano

I've only seen the review and have not been on one, so maybe I'm wrong on this but having owned a windy 25 mirage for a few years now, the new 27 looks very much like the windy 25 mirage,but with an extra foot added on the bathing platform and a slightly different cabin/cockpit layout. The 27 does look like an improvement over the 25 in most areas ,but it's all minor stuff imo. If it is the same hull as the 25 then I can vouch for the fact that it goes like a much bigger boat, it handles waves like a 32 footer. And it does the overnighting thing well enough for a couple of nights.

If the 27 appeals then a 25 can be had for a third/quarter of the price.

The price of the 27 appears bonkers to me,but maybe I'm way out of touch on that front, glad I have a 25 though,as that kind of pricing can only help the used market.

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    I've only seen the review and have not been on one, so maybe I'm wrong on this but having owned a windy 25 mirage for a few years now, the new 27 looks very much like the windy 25 mirage,but with an extra foot added on the bathing platform and a slightly different cabin/cockpit layout. The 27 does look like an improvement over the 25 in most areas ,but it's all minor stuff imo. If it is the same hull as the 25 then I can vouch for the fact that it goes like a much bigger boat, it handles waves like a 32 footer. And it does the overnighting thing well enough for a couple of nights.

If the 27 appeals then a 25 can be had for a third/quarter of the price.

The price of the 27 appears bonkers to me,but maybe I'm way out of touch on that front, glad I have a 25 though,as that kind of pricing can only help the used market.
    I guess the 26 Karma is the real successor to the 25 Mirage. But you're right, at under £50k the 25 makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    I guess the 26 Karma is the real successor to the 25 Mirage. But you're right, at under £50k the 25 makes a lot of sense.
    Now the 26 IS almost identical to the 25, Its only 18cm longer. On a closer inspection of the specs and drawings the 27 does look like it's not just had the swim platform lengthened ,it does look like a new hull, it's wider and about 60cm longer than the 25.

It also seems odd to have two boats (the 26 and 27) so close in size to each other in the range. I wonder if they're just running the 26 out and it will get dropped soon.

Windy make very good boats,but the pricing now is eye watering.
    Last edited by julians; 20-11-18 at 19:17.

Always admired all of the windy boats. Incredible pace in almost any weather, for their size.

It has a seperate loo, so nearer the Ghibli than the Mirage. However the Coho replaced the Ghibli (and seem to recall reading that it uses the Ghibli hull but with a longer platform and different windows) so this does seem to have slotted in between what was the Mirage 25 and what was the Ghibli 28.

Edit to add, just found this video of the Coho, which does indeed mention that it's a straight replacement of the Ghibli and uses the same hull (but resin infused).

https://youtu.be/0P16FloaPpg

(Can't make it appear for some reason so just a link, sorry).
    Last edited by ari; 21-11-18 at 11:06.
    Ari

---------------------------------

If a man speaks in a forest, and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong..?