Default volvo penta duo pro 290 drives is this normal

Hi all just recently i have noticed when trimming the outdrives from vertical to beach they are travelling about 1/3 of of the distance and stop, wait approx 10 seconds ,resume trimming and they travel to the beach position.
    from memory i'm sure the drives would trim from vertical to beach in one continuous movement, am i right to think this if so does anyone have any theories what could be causing this.

Default Re: volvo penta duo pro 290 drives is this normal

Is there not something that actually stop. s you from accidentally doing this and over reving ?

I can't remember it doing this the last time it was in the water, maybe some will come by that can advise on this with a bit of luck.

Mine go to +5 then stop and you have to press the beach button at the same time to trim any further up to +45, I find the button has to be held in firmly or the pump stops occasionlly, so assume its just a slightly iffy button.

Thanks for the reply are your outdrives VP DP ? mine stop at +6 wait approx 10 seconds then resume .
    When my brother had a boat i thought his mercruiser outdrive would trim to beach in one action.
    Do you know if this is a in built safety feature ?

Quote Originally Posted by zedcell View Post
    Thanks for the reply are your outdrives VP DP ? mine stop at +6 wait approx 10 seconds then resume .
    When my brother had a boat i thought his mercruiser outdrive would trim to beach in one action.
    Do you know if this is a in built safety feature ?
    Yes VP 290 DPE drives, the stop will be to stop you going to the beach position at high revs, I think there is a limit on how many revs you should use in beach mode as it will damage the UV joint. I personely never have the engine running when raising the drives beyond +5/6.

Hi
    The drive lifts to max trim position, then after that, itís going into trailer position. Between the two there will always be a stop in operation which needs overcome by the user. Whether it be an additional hold of switch, toggling another in unison or a separate button.
    All the best

I get the same on my dp g drive.
    I think its quite normal.
    Jon