Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Britain By Boat - Tonight Channel 5 20:00- East Coast Episode

Quote Originally Posted by tillergirl View Post
    Tonight it's Portsmouth to Poole!
    l

Nothing to see between ramsgate and Portsmouth then ?

Quote Originally Posted by nigelm View Post
    l

Oh no nothing at all & it saves all that pointless tacking & reefing stuff
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by nigelm View Post
    l

Probably too much like real sailing

Perhaps due to another 'engine fault' they may have driven from Ramsgate to Portsmouth

Right who is going to admit watching this tonight then? I only managed to see the first one last night, I am going to put my head above the parapet.....I didn’t mind it, wasn’t brilliant, but didn’t mind it. Lots of pointless stuff but I do admit to quite liking the Serg, not too keen on the berk. Seems to remind me of the bitching argumentative relationship I have with my co owner and very good friend, note to self, stop it it’s ugly �� .
    Lovely boat, loved the engine failure moment , didn’t really understand the urgency as they had a great big chartered rib with them? Anyway let’s see tonight. Let battle commence....tee hee

Trapped now! Watched first one and formed a very low opinion. Decided not to watch any more.

But it was so bad I sort of want to see how much worse it could get,

Tardis from Ramsgate to the Solent does seem a shame. But sailing is a bit Solent centric, but that is for a reason.

Maybe if it snows I'll try it on catch-up or whatever 5 caalls it.
    Gwylan, a settee with a sail

Watched it in the ads on Brokenwood Mysteries* last night and found there was very little sailing and lots of badly scripted chatter wandering around various places and pubs. However did enjoy the explanation of 'Freezing the Balls of a Brass Monkey': I had heard the explanation before but not the bit about the different contraction rates of dissimilar metals.

Both my wife and I thought it was a beautiful boat quite reminiscent of Pyro James' 'Croix de Guerre'.

*My wife is a Kiwi who worries that the population of NZ is rapidly declining due to the number of murders in this fictional town. They did have some stunning views of what she believes to be the Waikato River with a number of boats moored and a body was discovered by a motor boat taking the tide out of the river.
    John Apps

On Damn, i went out ratting, i forgot it was on
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Quote Originally Posted by Glayva View Post
    Watched it in the ads on Brokenwood Mysteries* last night and found there was very little sailing and lots of badly scripted chatter wandering around various places and pubs. However did enjoy the explanation of 'Freezing the Balls of a Brass Monkey': I had heard the explanation before but not the bit about the different contraction rates of dissimilar metals.

Both my wife and I thought it was a beautiful boat quite reminiscent of Pyro James' 'Croix de Guerre'.

*My wife is a Kiwi who worries that the population of NZ is rapidly declining due to the number of murders in this fictional town. They did have some stunning views of what she believes to be the Waikato River with a number of boats moored and a body was discovered by a motor boat taking the tide out of the river.
    She should move to Midsummer.

If you were to put a camera team on my boat, the result would be dead boring for the masses and not very interesting for sailing folk either, because nothing dramatic ever happens (unless I foul up and even then it's hardly Harry Potter, is it?). Sailing isn't like that, it's about being there, enjoying the moment. It simply doesn't translate onto film.
    Any programme for the masses about sailing will be a failure for any viewer who understands what's going on.
    I've seen John Sergeant on stage, he's a very funny man. I do enjoy the banter between the two of them.
    Last edited by Cantata; 01-12-18 at 10:26.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast