Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh bugger 2

Default Re: Oh bugger 2

Goes without saying but best wishes for decent recovery RD.

Pete

When's the big Op RD?

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    When's the big Op RD?
    Going into London Clinic to discuss options / risk 2nd week Feb, Op planed 3rd week.
    There is a less risky option but problems may return at some point, in fact quite likely
    or very risky option that will prevent recurrence but involves going very deep into a very hostile environment.
    Do I want a few more years of (possible) quality life or risk all for a possible longer life, decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Going into London Clinic to discuss options / risk 2nd week Feb, Op planed 3rd week.
    There is a less risky option but problems may return at some point, in fact quite likely
    or very risky option that will prevent recurrence but involves going very deep into a very hostile environment.
    Do I want a few more years of (possible) quality life or risk all for a possible longer life, decisions, decisions.
    You are amazing how you are dealing with thing ,just for that I hope and pray you get back to your best and get so much time on your great boat,SS

Are you able to go less risky now and then go more risky some time down the road if you need to?

If you don,t know allready enquire about the 5 year survival rates of the procedures inc any subsequent revisions ? A lot of surgery ( esp if neoplastic origin ) is measured in those terms for comparative analysis.

Obtaining informed consent is a thorny and time consuming often difficult subject theses days for practitioners .

Best wishes going Fwds .

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    Are you able to go less risky now and then go more risky some time down the road if you need to?
    I asked that, every time they go in the risk is very real. I have a blocked portal vein so other vessels have taken up the job. Bit like the M25 shut so all the A roads are under massive pressure. When they open me up they can't avoid many of the A roads, hence it takes a long time & needs lots of red stuff.
    The very risky option involves removing part of the pancreas & the spleen, as well as extensive bowel repairs.
    The problem is the pancreas has been leaking digestive enzymes all over everything, doing lots of damage.
    less risky is just do the bowel repairs & hope the pancreas settles down, as it has in the past.
    I am with the best man so will take his advice.

https://www.topdoctors.co.uk/doctor/...t-bhattacharya

Satyajit has done this twice as it is a very rare sittuation, both survived but were not as bad as me, he is very good, I am a fighter, we shall see.
    Last edited by rubberduck; 27-01-19 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    You are amazing how you are dealing with thing ,just for that I hope and pray you get back to your best and get so much time on your great boat,SS
    Thanks, that is the plan, one of the reasons I have upgraded it so much, as well as family, seeing Sam marry & grandchildren, it is an extra reason to fight if I have the same battle in ICU as I did in Jan 2017 !

Sounds like you have found the top man for the job.
    Best wishes for the big day.
    Keep posting updates.

All the very best with whichever procedure you go for. Great that you have the expertise of your Surgeon.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast