Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Oh bugger 2

Default Re: Oh bugger 2

Funny you should say that, 'cause it was precisely my first thought while reading your update.
    Otoh, bearing in mind the 30-50% mortality with the old method, the new one is bound to be better, I reckon!
    And after all, nowadays even new planes are flawless upon their first test flight.
    No reason why also your op shouldn't fly equally well, so to speak!
    All the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    And after all, nowadays even new planes are flawless upon their first test flight.
    I wouldn't use that analogy at the moment, think Boeing 737 Max! The new machine/procedure sounds like a no-brainer RD, things are looking up all the time just a little more patience required. You'll soon be enjoying your boat to the full I'm sure. Good luck

Looking forward to “Oh bugger 3 - Success!”

I hope things all work out well for you.

Sounds like more positive news RD so fingers crossed for you

By way of an update, a few weeks ago went to Son's wedding thinking it would be the last thing I would do, made it as far as the meal when I had to give up, in the photo's I look dead already.
    At this point my top surgeons had given up as had another two top guy's. I was simply to full of high pressure blood which was beginning to burst blood vessels & escape through the fistulas I had.
    In recent weeks I have been in & out of various hospitals under a Dr Farooq Rahman who I met while under top surgeons, who has not given up. While not a surgeon he has been project managing me & after many running for the hills as I was getting through about 8 units of blood each week he found a Dr Nasir Khan who is an interventional radiologist.
    He first went in through the groin & cut 70% of the blood flow to the spleen which reduced pressure & hence bleeding but not enough, so in a second 4 hour procedure he closed the spleen down completely & also shut off every leaking blood vessel he could see, now nearly perfect, going back in on Wednesday for one last blood vessel & then the bleeding should stop completely & I have already cut out the blood pressure pills as it dropped into my boots, as Farook said.
    He now has the best bowel guy in London & a top liver transplant surgeon looking at the op I have so badly needed for so long.
    So far I owe a massive debt to two men, hopefully soon to be four, not out of the woods yet but getting there (I hope)
    Last edited by rubberduck; 22-09-19 at 19:05.

That’s sounding better RD
    Last edited by FARSCO; 22-09-19 at 19:26.

Pancreatitis leading to intestinal failure & every complication in the book pancreatic pseudo-cyst, portal hypertension, sepsis etc. All started with a misdiagnosis at Southend hospital for gallstones.

Best wishes to you.
    I'm sure there are many who think we have problems till you read something like this .......

Oh boy, you have really been through it.
    Let’s hope you are now on the right track, certainly sounds like you have some top guys on your side.
    All the very best.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast