Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fletcher boats back in business maybe ?

Today a friend heard a vicious rumour that fletcher are making another go at it ? Anyone heard similar ? Hope so

Default Re: Fletcher boats back in business maybe ?

I have heard about tenth hand that someone was interested in buying the rights to the name and this was late last year, buying the rights to the name really means nothing as they could own it and simply sit on it, and it didn't mean that were buying the tooling and beginning to produce boats again; heard nothing since until I saw your posting.
    I am old and wise because i was young and stupid.

He had a picture of the factory with doors opened and taking delivery of goods. Soon see

A member of one of the Fletcher groups on F/B has seen the new facility and there are boats 'in build' - not sure if these are new or finishing off of some they purchased when they bought the company. Watch this space I think...
    Follow my boat ramblings - https://www.facebook.com/RobsBoatDiary/

Itís apparently official. Building 16 and 19ft hulls currently...apparently.

Was hoping they had kept keen on the wonderful 17ft arrowbeau hull. An amazing hull that. Had the rare ability to see over 60, sometimes close to 70mph with a big V6 outboard, bit also have fine sea keeping ability too. Donít often go hand in hand, those two.

Surprised by the 16ft one; that's usually an Arrowsport & they haven't made that for years.

Will be interesting to see if they are all outboard versions as the market has shifted away from sterndrives for sports boats in the last few years....

One could also presumably buy a hull only to fit your engine of choice.

At the upper end of Fletcher's range (24ft) some people still like sterndirves but I agree that the market is moving towards outboards.

Anyhow, it's great news if Fletcher are back in business but I think they need to release some new models rather than rely on fie hard fans to buy the old stuff. Will be very interesting to see what they do as the 25ft market has moved on e.g. Axopar.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    At the upper end of Fletcher's range (24ft) some people still like sterndirves but I agree that the market is moving towards outboards.

Anyhow, it's great news if Fletcher are back in business but I think they need to release some new models rather than rely on fie hard fans to buy the old stuff. Will be very interesting to see what they do as the 25ft market has moved on e.g. Axopar.
    dead right... would last another 5 minutes building old arrowsports and the like..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast