Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fletcher boats back in business maybe ?

One of the reasons quoted for them going out of business was apparently that the boats they built lasted too long. No return business. Wish them all the best but they need to think of something new to compete with the cheaper and perhaps flashier American boats. Some first time buyers donít care much for seakeeping and quality and will pick the flashy showy one all day.

Hi I know I'm late to jump on this thread but does anyone's know how to tell the year of a flectcher I have a serial number stamped on the stern near the outboard but it isn't a hin number. The boat is a bravo 130 black max arrow sprint with green and purple graphics. Only just brought it and wanting to know the year for insurance purposes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boating girl View Post
    Hi I know I'm late to jump on this thread but does anyone's know how to tell the year of a flectcher I have a serial number stamped on the stern near the outboard but it isn't a hin number. The boat is a bravo 130 black max arrow sprint with green and purple graphics. Only just brought it and wanting to know the year for insurance purposes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Up until 1998 the numbers were in the format llnnnyy so length designation first, hull number and year. e.g. 19067191 would be 19', hull 671, made 1991. Some boats have a small black plastic rectangle on the console with this info, some on transom too. After 1998 the recreational craft directive determined HIN numbers (Hull Identification Number) the last three numbers will then also represent year, but the first was year started and last two that of completion - more here: https://www.boatshedsupport.com/arti...cation-numbers
    Follow my boat ramblings - https://www.facebook.com/RobsBoatDiary/

Rumour has it that Fletcher are asking if they can borrow the bow covers for 17&19 ft boats so they can make a mould....

Thought they may have wanted to exhibit at SIBS this year if ready to "launch" the new product.

It will be interesting to see what they are making!

Lets hope they intend building some new models, relying on 20 year old moulds and designs is a recipe for disaster. Cant revive a dinosaur and expect it to flourish

Fletcher made a lot of good models. I hope you are right and they are making a comeback.

Kind regards

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Beamishken View Post
    Lets hope they intend building some new models, relying on 20 year old moulds and designs is a recipe for disaster. Cant revive a dinosaur and expect it to flourish
    I think they could get away with that on the smaller (non cabin) boats. The hulls are still perfectly usable. If they updated the trim, added modern outboards & built to a high standard of quality they would be competitive if the price was right.

I'm just not sure anyone is buying small sports-boats anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrs View Post
    I'm just not sure anyone is buying small sports-boats anymore?
    Isnt that why they went bust in the first place? I'd say they are doomed to fail without drastically modifying the range, the planing areas may be ok basis for ribs but the decks are too old hat nowadays

My first boat was a Fletcher Arrow.......in mustard yellow......loved it.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12