Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 386
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Are you qualified to test it ?
    Take the unit to trading standards & ask them to get their experts to check it out, if its OK you can come back here & tell us, if not you may end up saving someones life !

    Why do you assume it is crap...…………………………. Should I take everything I ever buy to Trading standards based on the fact it might be less expensive than something else....…………………

    You also seem to assume that there is someone qualified in some official way to do every thing...…. I mowed my own lawn the other day and I did not have an operators licence or certificate of competency for the mower..... Imagine if I would have killed someone ………………..The sky is falling beware


    I wonder where some people on here have spent their life...…. It isn't the world that I observe around me...…..
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 06-12-18 at 16:58.
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    I still struggling with the concept of cannot be legally sold with the fact they are being legally sold. Not quite sure how that all works
    You know what Bruce...… For once I agree with you
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    As you say, its your choice, I hope it works out for you.
    Would you like me to report back or are you concerned that you might be implicated in some way
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Aren't we conflating two things here...

    1) Branded Planar heaters which may or may not be CE Marked.
    2) Non branded Chinese heaters which almost certainly aren't CE Marked.
    My friends heater he’s used in his garage is one of the red ones off eBay for £120 and that had no branding at all.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    erm no.

    For starters they are not Chinese, they are Russian. Maybe they are made in China but so are a lot of Western goods too. Not sure if Russian merchandise is any better than ours but they won the space race so their technology arguably is. I only know Russian motorbikes and they are cheap and indestructible. (cue Ural vs BMW )

    As for imports. No, they are sold here.
    As for professional installation, they have a dealer network already in place. https://planarheaters.co.uk/authorised-dealers

    Like so many of these threads I cant get to the bottom of what is bull, what is bias and what is fact.
    Hell Bruce I agree with you again...…… We should go out for a pint one day
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    I still struggling with the concept of cannot be legally sold with the fact they are being legally sold. Not quite sure how that all works
    Who says they are being legally sold ? There’s plenty of sellers who break the law.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boat2016 View Post
    My friends heater he’s used in his garage is one of the red ones off eBay for £120 and that had no branding at all.
    Has his garage burnt down yet
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boat2016 View Post
    Who says they are being legally sold ? There’s plenty of sellers who break the law.
    Who says they are not being legally sold...… The perils of the internet..... When will those internet police catch up with all this...….. Those cats jumped out of the bag years ago...…….. Ever tried to herd cats
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Has his garage burnt down yet
    No not yet.

    This is what he bought.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183439179...&ul_noapp=true

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,747

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    The OP has a different view, and we are all entitled to our views.
    Maybe, but to quote Prof Brian Cox:

    “The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

    The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to