Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

Quote Originally Posted by bigplumbs View Post
    i will set it up in the shed/workshop first to see how it operates and give it a decent test. Might be possible to run in some solder on the silencer to make sure it is sealed.

I must say i think the world has been ripped off somewhat with the main stream brands that were previously available
    no solder ,a guy did it on windermere on a generator i think he killed at least one ,brazing or weld

Couldn't you just run an exhaust sealing tape around the joint? Looks like a good find BP, worth a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    couldn't you just run an exhaust sealing tape around the joint? Looks like a good find bp, worth a punt.
    no fumes kill

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    no fumes kill
    That's why people install detectors, no system is fail safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Well I have just ordered one. I will set it up in the workshop and see how it goes. Cheap is an interesting word. Sould we use. Good value, Inexpensive or another word.
    Did you use the seller based in Liverpool ? I ordered one on Sunday, expect to get it next week.

I do have an old Eber exhaust silencer in my workshop so may use that and I will definitely be using kerosene from the supplied tank.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

no fumes kill
    Not strictly Fumes that Kill it is Carbon Monoxide that is the killer. Lets not decide quite yet that this unit is a killer before it has had a few tests. Mine will be mounted in the engine bay anyway and the air will be drawn from the cockpit above
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Not strictly Fumes that Kill it is Carbon Monoxide that is the killer. Lets not decide quite yet that this unit is a killer before it has had a few tests. Mine will be mounted in the engine bay anyway and the air will be drawn from the cockpit above
    I know about the exhaust is the most important ,on my last boat the guy had wrapped the ex in like asbestos bandage and it nearly choked us

I know about the exhaust is the most important ,on my last boat the guy had wrapped the ex in like asbestos bandage and it nearly choked us
    Wrong tape application then.

Surely a bead of weld around the seam would be easy enough and give a permanent seal.

Should there be some sort of CE mark or other [ insert name ] safety marks ? Feels like those cheap Xmas lights that catch fire and set the tree alight .
    Attachment 74610

Also if DIY instal and there’s an accident the insurance Co and or the coroners will be asking awkward questions.
    If there’s a fatality the deceased relatives “ ambulance chaser “ read personal injury type lawyer after compo £££++++ for the surviving relatives, will be asking probing questions- Er in court room with you sat in the dock .

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast