Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940

Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

Hi,

Has anyone tried one of the 'all in one' heaters that are currently on ebay? It seems to be the usual heater, but in a metal frame/box with everything built in to it. Now that the weather has gone cold, I've been looking into ways of having a portable heater to use in our boat yard for when we tent off boats for temperature sensitive work like gel coat or copper coat. Having fitted a couple of dozen Eber/Webasto heaters so customer boats in the past, we know how much they cost, and so the reply from my boss of my idea of having a diesel heater 'spare' for using in the yard didn't go down well until I told him about the chinese ones. In the psat we've used a handful of electric heaters and long extension leads running from different plugs, but obviously not idea. One of these mounted in a box or on a pallet with a decent size battery would be ideal for what we want. Are all heater basically the same with just different colour housings, or are there some kits that are better to look out for than others?

Cheers

Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

Quote Originally Posted by gazzarose View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone tried one of the 'all in one' heaters that are currently on ebay? It seems to be the usual heater, but in a metal frame/box with everything built in to it. Now that the weather has gone cold, I've been looking into ways of having a portable heater to use in our boat yard for when we tent off boats for temperature sensitive work like gel coat or copper coat. Having fitted a couple of dozen Eber/Webasto heaters so customer boats in the past, we know how much they cost, and so the reply from my boss of my idea of having a diesel heater 'spare' for using in the yard didn't go down well until I told him about the chinese ones. In the psat we've used a handful of electric heaters and long extension leads running from different plugs, but obviously not idea. One of these mounted in a box or on a pallet with a decent size battery would be ideal for what we want. Are all heater basically the same with just different colour housings, or are there some kits that are better to look out for than others?

Cheers
    I uses one of the normal Chinese heaters in my workshop and it works very well. It is just the normal one I mounted on a frame. But you are correct the all in one ones are just the same heater in a box

Dennis
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940