Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 378
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by stelican View Post
    Yes but are you suitably qualified to install the unit.All the boat companies I know employ specialist to install heating systems
    Tell me what qualification might that be that you think the installers you speak of have.
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,149

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Boat2016 View Post
    Also against the law to sell in UK which will most likely be how they can sell so cheap, I would not install something to my boat that doesn’t have the correct certificates and would not want to be berthed next to someone whose boat doesn’t comply, my biggest concern would be invalidating my insurance if a non complaint item is used.

    Good for you. When you say 'I would not install something in my boat' Do you mean doing it yourself or getting someone else to install it for you ?
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    fareham hampshire
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Good for you. When you say 'I would not install something in my boat' Do you mean doing it yourself or getting someone else to install it for you ?
    WOW

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    673

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Good for you. When you say 'I would not install something in my boat' Do you mean doing it yourself or getting someone else to install it for you ?
    Either myself or by someone else, if itís illegal itís illegal no matter who installs it.

    Iím more than capable of doing things but too busy with my day job to let the boat work get in the way of that so I fall in that category of those you donít have time for Iím afraid, s*** happens.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    fareham hampshire
    Posts
    1,723

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Tell me what qualification might that be that you think the installers you speak of have.
    As you would say "Read it again"

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,268

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    I quite agree with BP's, It doesn't look hard to install if you have some common sense. It's not like you need a Gas Safe certificate to install it. (Then you would need it *signing off*) It just needs an electric supply, a fuel supply and some insulated ducting, how hard is that?? If you have no confidence in your ability, get someone to do it, if you have some confidence in your ability get someone to check your installation. I wouldn't hesitate to fit it myself being competent like BP's.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,555

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Eber and webasto accept that their products can be DIY installed. It's not difficult, I have installed three over the years and have hardly ever died. Btw, those talking about CO, should understand that the levels given off by diesel burning heaters is so small it would be almost impossible to kill yourself.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    8,167

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    I quite agree with BP's, It doesn't look hard to install if you have some common sense. It's not like you need a Gas Safe certificate to install it. (Then you would need it *signing off*) It just needs an electric supply, a fuel supply and some insulated ducting, how hard is that?? If you have no confidence in your ability, get someone to do it, if you have some confidence in your ability get someone to check your installation. I wouldn't hesitate to fit it myself being competent like BP's.
    Does it have safety cut out, if so is it reliable ? My boat is worth too much to me to risk fake electrics, no matter what format they take.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    5,202

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    CE Marking - The ability to manufacture absolute Crap to a recognised EU standard.

    (Perhaps they should apply it to Brexit procedures !)

    C E Marking - Chinese Export and likely to be a good bit of kit.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    5,202

    Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Does it have safety cut out, if so is it reliable ? My boat is worth too much to me to risk fake electrics, no matter what format they take.
    This is great for you, so you have your choice to buy a £1,400 Plus Eberspacher Webasto. Or you can review the feedback from what is now a user database of literally thousands with NIL fires reported.
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to