Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Default Re: Good Value Boat heaters

Quote Originally Posted by Boat2016 View Post
    Either myself or by someone else, if it’s illegal it’s illegal no matter who installs it.

I’m more than capable of doing things but too busy with my day job to let the boat work get in the way of that so I fall in that category of those you don’t have time for I’m afraid, s*** happens.
    Regarding your too busy comment...…… We all have exactly the same amount of time it is just a matter of how we choose to use it.

There have been many comments on here about being qualified to do something...…… Tell me what qualifies you to say that it is illegal...…. I trust you never do over 30 mph in a 30 limit
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 06-12-18 at 06:20.
    Only ever look down on a person when you are bending over to help them up.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Does it have safety cut out, if so is it reliable ? My boat is worth too much to me to risk fake electrics, no matter what format they take.
    Did you not read where I said I was going to test it on the bench in the workshop...……. Just incase you are confused that workshop is not in my boat as my boat is not that big..... Where have you got the evidence that the electrics are fake and what does that even mean...….. Have you been listening to Trump too much

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    CE Marking - The ability to manufacture absolute Crap to a recognised EU standard.

(Perhaps they should apply it to Brexit procedures !)

C E Marking - Chinese Export and likely to be a good bit of kit.
    I remember well the phrase associated with Japanese motorbikes some years ago … (Jap Crap)…… sort of does not apply now...… The same is becoming true of Chinese stuff

To those that have made comments in support of my little venture..... Many thanks.

To those that have assumed that because something is inexpensive to buy (which of course is relative) it must be crap I would ask you to remember that labour is inexpensive in some parts of the world which when you apply the maths makes the item also inexpensive. The quality may or may not be there...…… As I said I aim to test it and see.

As for little stickers, paperwork, and theory...…….. well they are just that. Paper, stickers and theory...… I prefer to actually try and see.

As for laws...… Well some are very important and some are not so...….. we all break a few...… if you claim you don't then you are just not telling the truth

I have also in my Professional career seen literally hundreds of incidences of work done by so called professionals and qualified people which has been signed off and has all the paperwork. This work has later failed sometimes with very significant circumstances.... I work in the building industry and have watched the almost total demise of the Clerk of Works replaced by bits of paper called warranties, collateral warranties and other similar costly and generally useless pieces of paper...……. Good for the lawyers but that is a story for another day.

I once read a good definition of layers...… It was someone who rides over the battlefield after the battle stabbing the survivors...……. Or was that an Auditor...… I cant remember now my brain is addled because of all the exhaust fumes in my workshop
    Last edited by Bigplumbs; 06-12-18 at 06:37.

This one made me smile

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...-D2-won-t-fire

Honest that poster is not me

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Regarding your too busy comment...…… We all have exactly the same amount of time it is just a matter of how we choose to use it.

There have been many comments on here about being qualified to do something...…… Tell me what qualifies you to say that it is illegal...…. I trust you never do over 30 mph in a 30 limit
    Yes 10 out of 10, you are correct we all have the same amount of time, I prefer to spend my time when not working to go boating and not fixing boat, while I’m working I can earn more per hour than it costs me to pay someone to work on my boat so it doesn’t take a genius to work out what option I take.

As for being illegal, again it doesn’t take a genius to research the subject, all the info you need is there on the government website. Compliance is something I’m sure you have to understand if your a surveyor unless you’re one of those who makes up your own set of rules as you go because you don’t agree with what’s on paper. Plenty of rogue tradesman out there in all occupations, that’s why we have all this unwelcome paperwork now because people kept doing what they thought best for them.

Yes 10 out of 10, you are correct we all have the same amount of time, I prefer to spend my time when not working to go boating and not fixing boat, while I’m working I can earn more per hour than it costs me to pay someone to work on my boat so it doesn’t take a genius to work out what option I take.

Spoken by someone who thinks it is always about the money...…….. Has it not occurred to you that some people might enjoy doing something real with their hands rather than the work they do to earn money.

The other day I spent a pleasant afternoon replacing the wheel bearings on one of my trailers (I have about 10 +). The day before I was offered a piece of Surveying work which would have earned me about £500. I turned that down and did the £200 job on my trailer...………….. Perhaps I am an idiot in your world or perhaps I would rather spend my time on that occasion doing something that gave me satisfaction and also I know the job was done correctly...……… Perhaps you do it your way and I will do it mine

As for being illegal, again it doesn’t take a genius to research the subject, all the info you need is there on the government website. Compliance is something I’m sure you have to understand if your a surveyor unless you’re one of those who makes up your own set of rules as you go because you don’t agree with what’s on paper. Plenty of rogue tradesman out there in all occupations, that’s why we have all this unwelcome paperwork now because people kept doing what they thought best for them.
    Fully paid up member of the RICS so no I don't just make it up as I go along...………… Do you

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
    Fully paid up member of the RICS so no I don't just make it up as I go along...………… Do you
    No

No

Well good for you...………….. I am glad you did not type too much as being so short of time I am sure you need to get out their and earn some quids

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast