Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: The Refit of a Delta 88 Carbon Sport Yacht/Superyacht

Glad to hear all that. The boat does indeed appear to run in an amazing way including 20kts ++ at 9 litres/mile.

My thoughts were to cut/shut remake the flybridge mould tool to take the dash forward (where the glass roof is) and take the act overhang much further aft to the transom, then fit a carbon hard top instead of bimini. And add a forward staircase from just forward of the galley up to the fly, and change the crew cabin ladder into a staircase. But if the boats are selling well as is, the shipyard is not interested, which is fair enough I guess!

I saw a d88 in Antibes for a few weeks last summer, on the Capitainerie Quai. I guess that was yours. Nice looking machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Glad to hear all that. The boat does indeed appear to run in an amazing way including 20kts ++ at 9 litres/mile.

My thoughts were to cut/shut remake the flybridge mould tool to take the dash forward (where the glass roof is) and take the act overhang much further aft to the transom, then fit a carbon hard top instead of bimini. And add a forward staircase from just forward of the galley up to the fly, and change the crew cabin ladder into a staircase. But if the boats are selling well as is, the shipyard is not interested, which is fair enough I guess!

I saw a d88 in Antibes for a few weeks last summer, on the Capitainerie Quai. I guess that was yours. Nice looking machine.
    We typically cruise at 27kn using 10 liters/nm.

I defer to your experience on the flybridge. In 2 years we have never opened the glass roof or even their shades.

Wasn’t able to spend much time in SoF, boat transport was late and I had some conflicts. Hope to be back in 2020 or 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by NYboater View Post
    Posting pictures above my pay grade
    I must have got the wrong end of the stick with my pay grade, then. I can post pics, but I couldn't even think of buying a D88...

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    I must have got the wrong end of the stick with my pay grade, then. I can post pics, but I couldn't even think of buying a D88...
    I suspect NYboater really meant "below his pay grade"!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234