Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: On board battery chargers?

Thanks very much for this info halcyon it's going to be a big help as I got no documentation on the charging system with the boat.

[QUOTEMains charger charged service battery to 14.3 V, then sent a signal to the controller to engage engine relay
    Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...bBrJy64MT6.99][/QUOTE]

I've got a feeling that's where the problem lies - as in that controller is stuck in the engine relay position.

Quote Originally Posted by Han_solo View Post
    Thanks very much for this info halcyon it's going to be a big help as I got no documentation on the charging system with the boat.

[QUOTEMains charger charged service battery to 14.3 V, then sent a signal to the controller to engage engine relay
    Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...bBrJy64MT6.99]
    I've got a feeling that's where the problem lies - as in that controller is stuck in the engine relay position.[/QUOTE]

The problem may be the Sterling installation.

When you are next on the boat turn all battery isolator's off, no mains charger either, turn only service on, if batteries are charged you should have red, green, red showing in battery status. Turn service off port engine on, should be green, red, red. Do the same starboard engine and you should see red, red. green.

Quick check or alternators is, turn on cabin lights, start port engine, do you get two yellows and cabin lights get brighter ? Stop engine and repeat starboard engine, do lights get brighter ?

Any problems come back, we can supply spare or repair for most items we supplied to Sealine, look for Powercentre logo bottom right.

Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
    I've got a feeling that's where the problem lies - as in that controller is stuck in the engine relay position.

When you are next on the boat turn all battery isolator's off, no mains charger either, turn only service on, if batteries are charged you should have red, green, red showing in battery status. Turn service off port engine on, should be green, red, red. Do the same starboard engine and you should see red, red. green.

Quick check or alternators is, turn on cabin lights, start port engine, do you get two yellows and cabin lights get brighter ? Stop engine and repeat starboard engine, do lights get brighter ?

Any problems come back, we can supply spare or repair for most items we supplied to Sealine, look for Powercentre logo bottom right.

Brian[/QUOTE]

Once again many thanks for this information Brian and you'll definitely be first port of call should I need repairs to the charging system.

Quote Originally Posted by Han_solo View Post

Brian
    Once again many thanks for this information Brian and you'll definitely be first port of call should I need repairs to the charging system. [/QUOTE]

As it's my design, I'm the only person who knows how it works.

Brian
    Kddpowercentre VASR charge

NoCo Genius 40 Amp 4 bank charger was installed about 6 months ago. I use all AGMs and it works like a charm.

It replaced a Promariner....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12