Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need Recommendation for Prop Supplies UK

A great thanks to everyone that has replied. At least now I have some recommended companies to contact. Interesting about Michigan Wheel. The two companies I had spoken with prior to getting recommendations both said that the props I needed were not "of the shelf" as they are cupped and would need to be made, both mentioned Michigan Wheel so will look at that avenue as well. Thanks everyone for coming back so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by alandalus11 View Post
    A great thanks to everyone that has replied. At least now I have some recommended companies to contact. Interesting about Michigan Wheel. The two companies I had spoken with prior to getting recommendations both said that the props I needed were not "of the shelf" as they are cupped and would need to be made, both mentioned Michigan Wheel so will look at that avenue as well. Thanks everyone for coming back so quickly.
    Suspect that many prop workshops tweak a bought in base propeller to customer requirements.
    Do remember that all the UK companies we contacted wanted extra money and needed extra time to supply my P35 props which were 3 blade 20" x 26P.
    All without exception asked more for the required props than Michigan Wheel , who were bringing in the props from half way across the world and presumably having to factor in import duties and shipping costs as well.

Perhaps UK prop shops are about to be exposed the warm air heater world.?
    Last edited by oldgit; 11-01-19 at 09:47.

another option up't north this time

https://www.crowthermarine.co.uk/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12