Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Mallorca to Marseille in feb 19

Great stuff that’s what I’ll do up to alcudia it is then across

Thanks guys

Default Re: Mallorca to Marseille in feb 19

I agree via Ibiza is not logical and if it were me I'd also head to Palamos direct via north east Mallorca. However, it's still 120 nm of open sea, for someone who appears to have little experience of these waters or weather and it's his first bigger boat. If as planned the op attempts this as D speed he won't have enough daylight to make it and I doubt you get ideal conditionals for that period of time in February to make it a tolerable crossing. If something is to break you'd hope it was on the coastal part from CD to Alcudia but it may not ! Having plenty of spares is obviously a great idea but you really have to know firstly to diagnose the problem and secondly know how to make the fix - at sea !
    The more I think about it the trip as currently stated just sounds very risky. Perhaps the op has greater planning that he has so far detailed. If not I'd be taking my time to get the planning correct. Have a general service, get in a few decent coastal runs, fix any problems, and then wait for a perfect weather window to make the 120 nm at planing speed. Lastly his shoes I'd would definitely do it with a professional skipper or several experienced crew.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123