Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    502

    Default Marine engineer recommendations

    Hi - I am looking for recommendations on a good marine engineer near to North fambridge.
    I am after a new set of bellows and a oil change on my volvo Dp-g drive leg.
    Many thanks for any advice given
    Jon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ipswich & Southwold
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    We can do a mobile service if you're needing it done. One of our engineers from Ipswich could pop over.

    Are you currently in water or out?
    Electrics & electronics Suffolk & Southwold Boatyard
    Custom Panels + Eberspacher/Webasto

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    7,150

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewriches View Post
    We can do a mobile service if you're needing it done. One of our engineers from Ipswich could pop over.

    Are you currently in water or out?
    Ever tried chaging a bellows on a leg in the water ?
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ipswich & Southwold
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    I would imagine changing bellows in the water to be impossible but if you read what I wrote, that's not what I asked. I asked if the boat was currently in water or out.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    Ever tried chaging a bellows on a leg in the water ?
    Electrics & electronics Suffolk & Southwold Boatyard
    Custom Panels + Eberspacher/Webasto

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    7,150

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewriches View Post
    I would imagine changing bellows in the water to be impossible but if you read what I wrote, that's not what I asked. I asked if the boat was currently in water or out.
    I did read what you typed, but as it's an impossible task when the boat is afloat, it's not exactly a relevant question.

    Did you read what the OP typed ? He wants a recommendation for someone "near to North Fambridge".

    Has Ipswich been moved ?
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ipswich & Southwold
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    Struggling again by the looks of it We offer a mobile service to many yards on the East Coast, for the avoidance of doubt, that means we go to the customer. So we can be "near" to anything really. I am "near" to Central London tomorrow and will be "near" to Chichester following weekend although normally based in Southwold.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulRainbow View Post
    I did read what you typed, but as it's an impossible task when the boat is afloat, it's not exactly a relevant question.

    Did you read what the OP typed ? He wants a recommendation for someone "near to North Fambridge".

    Has Ipswich been moved ?
    Electrics & electronics Suffolk & Southwold Boatyard
    Custom Panels + Eberspacher/Webasto

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    7,150

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewriches View Post
    Struggling again by the looks of it We offer a mobile service to many yards on the East Coast, for the avoidance of doubt, that means we go to the customer. So we can be "near" to anything really. I am "near" to Central London tomorrow and will be "near" to Chichester following weekend although normally based in Southwold.
    Not struggling at all.

    OP asked for recommendations from the forum for a good, local, marine engineer. But hey, you do like to use these forums to tout for work.

    So, now the company you work for has started a mobile service, i take it we won't see any more snide "man with a van" posts from you again.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    me - hornchurch , boat - river crouch.
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    Althorne marine based at Bradwell just changed my saildrive gaitor , they also used to be at Fambridge, give em a call , worth that at least .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    UK East Coast
    Posts
    34,704

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by jon and michie View Post
    Hi - I am looking for recommendations on a good marine engineer near to North fambridge.
    I am after a new set of bellows and a oil change on my volvo Dp-g drive leg.
    Why not ask Volspec for a price?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Marine engineer recommendations

    As a satisfied customer, can I suggest Boat Solutions at Fambridge. They did nice job of sorting out my sail drive this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to