Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Default Re: Fatality at Dartmouth

I've done a few CASSIMs involving these people and their ilk, about as close as you can get to the real thing in a practice, and very good value for those that need it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/berkshir...00/8387235.stm

This is all getting rather gruesome. We should all remember that a popular local character has died and try to think how this situation could be avoided in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyro View Post
    And it's almost impossible to count when you're singing.
    One verse then a couple of breaths isn't it. No need to count.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlymoron View Post
    This is all getting rather gruesome. We should all remember that a popular local character has died and try to think how this situation could be avoided in future.
    Oh dear, frightfully sorry old chap.

Last edited by Elecglitch; 15-01-19 at 20:23.

Quote Originally Posted by AntarcticPilot View Post
    My uncle worked on the railways, starting pre WWII. Fairly early on he had to help clear up after a fatality on the railway; apparently in those days the ambulance didn't assist if the casualty was clearly dead. I gather it was a pretty bad experience to gather up the bits of a body that had been under the wheels.
    Well, since you ask, the worst story went "The undertakers hadn't arrived when the police finished, so we decided to move the body off the line ourselves. I grabbed the hands and was dragging the torso to one side when it seemed to get lighter. I looked down and all his intestines had fallen out."

Actually, that's very far from being the worst story, but I don't even want to think about the worst story.

I used to work in a lab which tested joint prostheses. We had a freezer full of bits of people. I felt very queasy the first time I saw one in the test rig, but after a while it became routine. Human meat looks much the same as any other.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Poor guy. Xx

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910