Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Chrome / Stainless effect 12v USB charger

A lot of these type of USB sockets can give a lot of interference on FM radio reception. I used them for a season and then binned them in favour of a standard 12v socket and a Belkin flush USB adapter. These and other good ones, are more expensive because they are suppressed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AUKEY-Charg...b+car+chargers
    Last edited by ctva; 16-01-19 at 22:44.
    Chris
    Out west.... (or in the office)

Quote Originally Posted by ctva View Post
    A lot of these type of USB sockets can give a lot of interference on FM radio reception. I used them for a season and then binned them in favour of a standard 12v socket and a Belkin flush USB adapter. These and other good ones, are more expensive because they are suppressed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AUKEY-Charg...b+car+chargers
    OK thanks for warning. Changed my radio to DAB and aerial is about a metre away though generally use USB card or Bluetooth music from phone. Fingers crossed - not a big financial gamble !

Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
    Interesting wiring option. Did you do a different switch for the lights !?
    Don’t follow.

The switches have. Constant 12v/ 24v supply for backlighting. I just used that. I specially do not want them backlit as they light the cabin.

Mine are mostly 3 switch plates with only 2 switches and a blanking plate

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    Don’t follow.

The switches have. Constant 12v/ 24v supply for backlighting. I just used that. I specially do not want them backlit as they light the cabin.

Mine are mostly 3 switch plates with only 2 switches and a blanking plate
    Ah sorry am with you now. Was thinking of lights with wall/ceiling mounted switches

Anyone any thoughts on taking power supply for USB charging socket from radio feed ?
    Aware of comments above about radio interference.
    In my case (see photo at start of thread) it looks very challenging to get a direct 12v supply to where I want it; but given its v close to the radio feed would make things easier.

Many thanks,
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
    Anyone any thoughts on taking power supply for USB charging socket from radio feed ?
    Aware of comments above about radio interference.
    In my case (see photo at start of thread) it looks very challenging to get a direct 12v supply to where I want it; but given its v close to the radio feed would make things easier.

Many thanks,
    Simon
    It'll actually be easier to wire it correctly to the 12v distribution panel than the radio. You should already have a 12v socket breaker - just connect it to that. All very easy once you've removed the panel in the mid cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_the_builder View Post
    It'll actually be easier to wire it correctly to the 12v distribution panel than the radio. You should already have a 12v socket breaker - just connect it to that. All very easy once you've removed the panel in the mid cabin.
    Yeh Jimmy agree but its a tight squeeze for fingers when looking at area from mid cabin. Just wondered if the stereo link would be a problem or .... just do it properly! Im doing a separate USB socket for midcabin anyway which is easy to main dist panel.
    S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12