Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Mood lighting advice please?

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Lumishore have just introduced strip lighting into their product range which looks similar to the LED Lighthouse stuff. Might be worth a call to see if you can get some cheap in return for a mag report
    Chalk and cheese Mike. Lumishore stuff is rgbwc aka rgbwa so needs 5 channel control and allows user to choose colour temperature of the white. The only controllers they do are DMX/Ethernet and use garmin screen etc as user interface. Garmin etc "host" lumishore by having screen buttons pre loaded in Garmin firmware to select lumishore lighting control (which, behind the scenes, works via Ethernet). Super expensive and super good gear

Quote Originally Posted by jfm View Post
    Chalk and cheese Mike. Lumishore stuff is rgbwc aka rgbwa so needs 5 channel control and allows user to choose colour temperature of the white. The only controllers they do are DMX/Ethernet and use garmin screen etc as user interface. Garmin etc "host" lumishore by having screen buttons pre loaded in Garmin firmware to select lumishore lighting control (which, behind the scenes, works via Ethernet). Super expensive and super good gear
    Ok understood but actually the price per m of the Lumishore strip lighting itself, as quoted to me at Boot, is similar to the Lighthouse stuff and I was given to understand that the system could also be controlled by a simple switch.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Lumishore have just introduced strip lighting into their product range which looks similar to the LED Lighthouse stuff. Might be worth a call to see if you can get some cheap in return for a mag report
    Thanks for the suggestion, but too late I'm afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burnham View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but too late I'm afraid!

Please post some photos of the final installation when it is done - at night of course.

I certainly shall - and there will likely be a video of this year's winter upgrades which should show this working on my AQUAHOLIC YouTube channel, if so I'll post that up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Please post some photos of the final installation when it is done - at night of course.
    Here it is, the final installation plus a couple of other winter upgrades.

Many thanks to everyone who offered advice regarding this, it's much appreciated.

Last edited by Nick Burnham; 04-05-19 at 19:01.

Interesting. Thank you.

I have also used Phoenix 316 (to repair the aluminium skeg on my outdrive) and would also recommend them.

Different coloured lighting eh? - Very seductive! - And T-shirts! You really will have to dash out and buy a gold medallion now! ……

Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher 5 View Post
    Different coloured lighting eh? - Very seductive! - And T-shirts! You really will have to dash out and buy a gold medallion now! ……
    I guess down in Torquay, the local girls drop their knickers immediately when Nick tells them he's got dimmable multi coloured lighting in his cabin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast