Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Boat insurance struggle

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduck View Post
    Try Y yacht insurance, many here use them.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by QBhoy View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for replying.
    It’s power boat and for legal reasons (haha) May or May not be knocking on the door of the UK motorway speed limit.

Thanks.
    Wow!! At those speeds you are a bigger risk though. The internet has no shortage of vids of boats going those sorts of speeds catching some serious wobble and resulting injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    A make and model will be far more useful for people to help you
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender! View Post
    I had this, a number of brokers I tried wouldn’t insure anything that can go above 50knots, Alan Thomas http://www.alan-thomas-marine.co.uk no problems at all
    Fender

Thatís exactly the issue I have. It seems to be the show stopper at >50 knots.
    Thank you so much for the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    A make and model will be far more useful for people to help you
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender! View Post
    I had this, a number of brokers I tried wouldn’t insure anything that can go above 50knots, Alan Thomas http://www.alan-thomas-marine.co.uk no problems at all
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    Wow!! At those speeds you are a bigger risk though. The internet has no shortage of vids of boats going those sorts of speeds catching some serious wobble and resulting injuries.
    Very true Bruce K, but the increase in cost is 3, 4 and even 5 times or more, the price.

Guys

Thank you all so much for the opinions, help and the leads on who to try. Iíll be ringing them first thing Monday.

Thanks.

FWIW, for third party liability only (which is mandatory, here in IT), my insurance never asked about the speed - even for my old 72mph capable Fountain.
    Maybe they would have asked if I were interested in a full coverage, I'm not sure.
    Though arguably also the T.P. risk might depend on speed to some extent, I reckon...

Attachment 75375
    Top speed in excess of 70 knots

Just can’t see a conversation going like this
    Sunseeker CEO - “ thank you for buying one of my boats , just one thing you will be knackered trying to insure it “

Although that’s an old pic and nowadays there’s been a huge rise in the U.K. of PI claims ( personal injury ) - so those girls will play the bad back / neck card and the PI lawer will go for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Portofino View Post
    Attachment 75375
    Top speed in excess of 70 knots

Just can’t see a conversation going like this
    Sunseeker CEO - “ thank you for buying one of my boats , just one thing you will be knackered trying to insure it “

Although that’s an old pic and nowadays there’s been a huge rise in the U.K. of PI claims ( personal injury ) - so those girls will play the bad back / neck card and the PI lawer will go for it .
    I Visited Sunseekers Technical Centre last week and the identical photo is proudly displayed in their foyer. It was used in one of the Bond films but for the life of me I can't remember which one....

And the fact that it's actually a Buzzi boat is not even mentioned, I guess...?

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    And the fact that it's actually a Buzzi boat is not even mentioned, I guess...?
    Indeed, I believe it to be a Sunseeker XS 2000 designed by Fabrio Buzzi. I could be wrong though lol.

I was looking at them today, that's how I know....not my vast knowledge of designers lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast