Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where is a seaside version of keswick, to move too?

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    The place you are describing is not within you geographical limits but Kinsale would meet every other issue, heaven on earth and is only a short drive to the vibrant city of Cork, or if you want cheaper perhaps Youghal.
    Important thing is that you would feel welcomed and quickly integrated and you would be staying in the EU, need to move quick though immigration to Ireland is already taking off big time.
    That's actually a genius idea! And if it wasn't that we need a uk base for the NHS and jo's ongoing cancer treatment, I would be all over that like a rash!

Lymington, and anywhere else in Hampshire/Solent is too close to my ex on hauling island for comfort
    And I reckon Blackpool could be even worse than methyl! Berwick I like, can be quite a violent wee town once the farmer lads get some drink down them tho

Helensburgh - lots of deep water swing moorings, as well as a marina, great walking etc nearby (and close to all medical services)?
    Or if partner can be persuaded back to Keswick, it ain’t far time wise by car to the Clyde. That route is one of the more pleasant drives to do (though busy the Lakes bit in mid summer)

If it was just me, places like helensburgh would work, but its not an attractive place. Needs to be pretty, thriving, popular and forward thinking.

Someone mentioned brixham, that might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodySabre View Post
    Maldon
    Woodbridge
    Maldon has never really grabbed me, but woodbridge I visited and liked very much.

Given your constraints I think you are best to stay out of Scotland, which is a shame because it is where the best sailing is. I would go to Whitby or Amble rather than Tynemouth, probably.

Never been to Essex, but if I was forced to move south to find decent weather, somewhere that I could still muck about in small boats, I would be getting the brochures out for Essex.

Quote Originally Posted by steve yates View Post
    Yup, and I actually like Maryport quite a lot, but if I was staying in that area I would be as well in cockermouth or keswick, both are nicer towns. Tynemouth is the current plan, Jo's health may possibly change that by the time we come to move, so I'm looking for nice, warming, sunnyish places as an alternative, in case she is restricted to pottering about a garden and looking at the views.
    How about SW Wales? I'm very fond of Milford Haven, though it's a bit down on its uppers (much like Maryport). If I could live anywhere except where I am, that's where I'd go.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by steve yates View Post
    If it was just me, places like helensburgh would work, but its not an attractive place.
    And everybody there is over 70. Helensburgh is to north-of-the-Clyde Glaswegians what Largs is to the southern half of the city.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Dundee?

Falmouth. Loads of students so good music and culture. Handy for good walking inland and coastal. Fabulous sailing ground Pasties and Piskies- So not all good. But it’s a proper place in its own right.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast