Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: gloucester via canal

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanofthehills View Post
    The Navigator thinks without a BSS there was a time restriction. Certainly as part of our trips from Portished CC or Lydney YC they didnt want separate certification for long Easter weekend.
    I'll bounce this off their officers in the docks. I only want a few months or even weeks for engine and "sea" systems commissioning.
    I'd rather be naked
    www.mastaclimba.com

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanofthehills View Post
    The Navigator thinks without a BSS there was a time restriction. Certainly as part of our trips from Portished CC or Lydney YC they didnt want separate certification for long Easter weekend.
    The Navigator is right. One month seems to be the maximum - for me (33') £108.
    I'd rather be naked
    www.mastaclimba.com

Last autumn Gloucester basin was shallow, including both sides of Lanthony bridge, however passable with a 2mtr draft motor yacht.

Dredging is going to take place, along with fixing Gloucester lock.

as to licencing , if having work done by one of the boat yards, such as Davis, they can use red registration plates,which act similar to trade plates on cars.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Graham_Wright View Post
    The Navigator is right. One month seems to be the maximum - for me (33') £108.
    You can apply on line although it is a bit weird. The options in the drop-down boxes don't appear until you suggest somewhere the form recognises. When I answered "usual mooring?" with Leucate, France there was no response. The only way I could progress through the questionnaire was to declare "my vessel is normally ashore" or words to that effect.

Be aware of the shallows to the edge of the canal. If yours is a bilge keeler, approach cautiously. I grounded big time with one keel and the ruder firmly wedged! That was in the stretch between Sharpness and Purton.

(You might like to read my "engine problem" post on PBO sail).
    I'd rather be naked
    www.mastaclimba.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12