Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stolen outboard

Default Re: Stolen outboard

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    Apparently the insurance co have advised that, if a claim is made, the new premium will be increased by the same amount as the claim, so effectivly not insured.
    Well lets hope the word gets out about the insurance company, they sound no better than the thieves.
    Who were they?
    Be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    Apparently the insurance co have advised that, if a claim is made, the new premium will be increased by the same amount as the claim, so effectivly not insured.
    I was an Insurance Broker for many years, and I have never heard of that being done, and I find it hard to believe. Are you sure your informant has got his/her facts right? If that is true, there are other insurers
    I respect my elders, but I can't find many now

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofMersea View Post
    I was an Insurance Broker for many years, and I have never heard of that being done, and I find it hard to believe. Are you sure your informant has got his/her facts right? If that is true, there are other insurers
    Not exactly sure, the info was passed to me by another club member, so could well be Chinese whispers. The club has had a run of recent claims due to unusual circumstances so probably not perceived as a good risk I suspect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123