Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Coronation Street.

With Peters record for getting into trouble, the name gives away the future story ........................

So my wife tells me!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard10002 View Post
    It wasnt the fact that it is a Folkboat, more the guy who would be sailing it
    Ah so! I misunderstood your comment. Although wasnít Peter in the Navy once? Not that that gives you the skills to sail a small yacht across the Atlantic, but I suppose he might have some experience of being at sea.
    Having said that I would assume the project is doomed eventually, not that I really care Corre is SWMBOís compulsory viewing, I just notice the odd bit now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxinoscope View Post
    Ah so! I misunderstood your comment. Although wasnít Peter in the Navy once? Not that that gives you the skills to sail a small yacht across the Atlantic, but I suppose he might have some experience of being at sea.

During the 70s and 80s the RN had a fleet of Hurley 22's. A familiar sight around Plymouth, so every mariner through HMS Raleigh would have had a dose of that. According to the Hurley site they were auctioned off in the 1990's.
    I think they may have had some Hunters at some point, as well. Someone will give us the gen.
    Last edited by doug748; 03-02-19 at 10:56.

I watched the big where he was swiping his brush along the waterline doing the anti foul.... the brush had no paint on it, the paint on the Hull was dry, and he had a lovely clean boiler suit on!!! Iíve never once antifouled and maintained a paint free boiler suit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 0711 View Post
    I watched the big where he was swiping his brush along the waterline doing the anti foul.... the brush had no paint on it, the paint on the Hull was dry, and he had a lovely clean boiler suit on!!! Iíve never once antifouled and maintained a paint free boiler suit!!!
    +1 I usually end up with as much antifoul on me as on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie N View Post
    My wife has alerted me to a storyline in this soap, where a 'Boat' has appeared on the street. Having looked at it last night, the boat appears to be a fairly early version of an Folkboat, carvel with an original 'low cabin'.
    I searched for a reference online, and it's a bad outcome.
    Naff name on the boat 'Lost Buoy'...; No boat deserves all of this.
    I also searched for her, but without success: (

It's played the part. Where is it now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12