Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Coronation Street.

My wife has alerted me to a storyline in this soap, where a 'Boat' has appeared on the street. Having looked at it last night, the boat appears to be a fairly early version of an Folkboat, carvel with an original 'low cabin'.
    I searched for a reference online, and it's a bad outcome.
    Naff name on the boat 'Lost Buoy'...; No boat deserves all of this.
    Folkboat 'Stakkr' - Inverness - http://islandrov.wix.com/island-rov-web

Default Re: Coronation Street.

From the little I see of it, Peter is planning to sail it across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. A little far fetched, methinks.
    Narrowboating From Stretford!!

I watched the first episode of Coronation Street and have never watched it since but if it's going to feature a Folkboat I might resume watching it.
    "Brexit: like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

There was an episode in Whitehaven a while ago, and some years ago, someone disappeared off a small yacht on a lake, IIRC. Quite a boatybkind of soap, if you stick with it

Quote Originally Posted by Richard10002 View Post
    There was an episode in Whitehaven a while ago, and some years ago, someone disappeared off a small yacht on a lake, IIRC. Quite a boatybkind of soap, if you stick with it
    Perleeeze....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poignard View Post
    I watched the first episode of Coronation Street and have never watched it since but if it's going to feature a Folkboat I might resume watching it.
    Save yourself.
    Folkboat 'Stakkr' - Inverness - http://islandrov.wix.com/island-rov-web

Watching a re-run of a Poirot a few weeks back watched as a lady in a nice clinker built dinghy started her Seagull engine with ease and proceded to motor away, next shot with her further out to sea the Seagull had miraculously turned into a Suzuki or similar.
    On the Corrie Folkboat, how many noticed in the Wednesday 30th Jan’ episode, in a long shot the antifoul was complete from stem to stern but in the next close up shot all the antifoul had disapeared from around the bow leaving bare woodwork?
    Last edited by Praxinoscope; 01-02-19 at 09:44. Reason: additional comment

Quote Originally Posted by Praxinoscope View Post
    Watching a re-run of a Poirot a few weeks back watched as a lady in a nice clinker built dinghy started her Seagull engine with ease and procedc to motor away, next shot with her further out t sea the Seagull had miraculously turned into a Suzuki or similar.
    Brilliant!

That's right, and a chap got knocked down by a tram on the front at Blackpool.

How the years fly on.

From the little I see of it, Peter is planning to sail it across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. A little far fetched, methinks.
    Wouldn’t be the first Folkboat across the Atlantic. My old Invicta 26 Folkboat derivative didn’t do the whole crossing but has done the Azores twice in it’s 50 years life.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxinoscope View Post
    Wouldn’t be the first Folkboat across the Atlantic. My old Invicta 26 Folkboat derivative didn’t do the whole crossing but has done the Azores twice in it’s 50 years life.
    It wasnt the fact that it is a Folkboat, more the guy who would be sailing it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast