Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2019 Mobo Forum Summer Solent Meet

Quote Originally Posted by superheat6k View Post
    Careful Roy - the smell of used Lycra will be in the air, I understand !
    Ahh, will it be fancy dress then ?

Yes, there might be an OFIL or 2 gasping for refreshment.

oGaryo will be there in Brizzle Bee, plus HenryF, who will almost certainly win Gin Palace of the weekend award.

Quote Originally Posted by SpottyDog5 View Post
    Ahh, will it be fancy dress then ?
    Thing is and at severe risk of upsetting a few cyclists who motorboat (or motorboaters who cycle), and as one who has previously supported the all out the charitable efforts of the cyclists, this time I simply want to go to a Motorboat centred gathering for a beer and natter. I am not so sure I want the distraction of whether some one had a puncture on this hill, of broke a spoke at that cattle grid.

Or is it just me ?
    Interested in Corvettes PM me for details of the Corvette Motorboat Association

I see you point Trevor, perhaps we should arrive on our Choppers or Grifters too ?

Thing is and at severe risk of upsetting a few cyclists who motorboat (or motorboaters who cycle), and as one who has previously supported the all out the charitable efforts of the cyclists, this time I simply want to go to a Motorboat centred gathering for a beer and natter. I am not so sure I want the distraction of whether some one had a puncture on this hill, of broke a spoke at that cattle grid.

Or is it just me ?
    If we hit a cattle grid, we will be well off course Trevor
    Hopefully no punctures. Had 6 last year. Your help on the London Soton ride was epic!

Or is it just me ?
    Ha, each to their own... I am not cycling. I will proudly welcome them back to the marina with a pint in hand...

Rally is booked. They offer a 10% discount. Just quote YBW rally.

Look forward to catching up with everyone

Count me in. My Spearfish should hopefully be in commission and berthed for the year at East Cowes. Friendliest marina around.
    I'm slightly biased given that I work there! Look forward to seeing lots of Mobos..

Quote Originally Posted by Venatrix View Post
    Count me in. My Spearfish should hopefully be in commission ..
    You're making good progress. Look forward to seeing her.

Quote Originally Posted by colhel View Post
    You're making good progress. Look forward to seeing her.
    Hope all your boat jobs progressing well. Look forward to seeing you both back in East Cowes soon.

Or is it just me ?
    Please don't let the fact that a few of us are off for a bike ride put you off coming. There are plenty of people who won't be riding and once showered and changed we look just like everyone else. If nothing else the ride will act as a focal point to hang the event off. I always like events where people arrive by boat, we've had some fun times and met new people.

Sometimes it's hard getting commitment from folk to actually rock up on the day so anything that ensures it happens is surely a good thing.

There's no need to feel left out if you aren't cycling, if anything it's the other way round. We are missing out whilst we nip round the island.

Henry

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast