Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: 2019 Mobo Forum Summer Solent Meet

Shame I didn't see this before, I'd have liked to have come along and brought my speed boat. Could have stayed in a local airBnB.

However don't think I can make it now... Plus i'd have to organise somewhere to keep the boat on the mainland for the weekend and it's all a little last minute (for me!)...

Hope you have a great time

Just to remind everyone that it's a bank holiday weekend. We are booked in to East Cowes Friday, Sat & Sunday night so making a weekend of it. The lifeboat does a decent plate of food as well so no need for hardship. If you fancy a 5 min walk into East Cowes There is a small cafe / restaurant called Prego which does a phenomenal Chicken pasta dish, friendly service and quite a funky little place as well.

We will be 3 people for dinner.

Oh and the tarmac is in excellent order as are the cycle routes. Scenic if a touch hilly at times.....

Henry

Hi there people . We were wanting to come on this trip
    But unfortunately we put our boat up forsale. As we wanted to upgrade. A massive surprise to us she sold very quick !!! In 3 days of advertising! We have bought a new to us boat but sale wont be completed in time for us to attend on the new boat (gutted). All due to the time of year booking lift out etc etc for surveys has been a nightmare everywhere so busy . If by any stroke of luck we can make this I will let you know .
    Hopefully you all have brilliant weekend though.

Regards carl

Hi All. Sorry for the radio silence on this thread. I have a table for 12 booked at the Lifeboat on Saturday evening. If we have anymore then we can just add them on at the time.

I am planning on getting there on Saturday early afternoon. If any non cyclists are around at that point then we can go for a beer etc etc etc.

If anyone else who has not confirmed yet but wants to attend, please reply to me as soon as possible, and ensure you are booked in for the Rally.

At the moment there are just 5 boats booked in including myself. 2 arriving Fri and 3 arriving Sat......

Look forward to seeing you all

Jonathan
    Last edited by jcwads; 14-05-19 at 09:07. Reason: More Info Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I intend to be there for the Saturday night only if that's OK JW? Have not booked with the marina yet must remember that tomorrow.
    As much as I love cycling I won't be doing that.
    Will be 3 adults and a 12 year old.
    Is anyone else bringing a youngster?
    All good Mark, Sat PM will be the main event anyway.

Have just booked in with ECM , Jo and I will be there Friday/Saturday/Sunday night . Looking forward to catching up with everyone and thanks for sorting Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by andy59 View Post
    Have just booked in with ECM , Jo and I will be there Friday/Saturday/Sunday night . Looking forward to catching up with everyone and thanks for sorting Jonathan
    Nice one Andy, look forward to catching up

It will be good to catch up Andy.

As this is a bank holiday is the bike ride planned for Saturday or Sunday? I suspect the traffic might be lighter on Sunday. Obviously depends on the weather, if one day is more favourable.

I only ask as this seems to have been booked as a Saturday / Sunday event. I wonder if people realised it was a bank holiday when first muted? We initially booked 2 nights then extended for the Sunday night. When I was there the other weekend there seemed to be space in the East Cowes diary.

If we rode Sunday there wouldn't be the pressure to rush over Friday after work for some?

Just a thought, I'm flexible either way.

Henry

Traditionally we have ridden on Saturday, returning to home port Sunday. We are also planning an extended stay in E Cowes, and riding Saturday probably works best? I will contact the Ride Leader and test the water.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast