Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: 2019 Mobo Forum Summer Solent Meet

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki_ View Post
    Traditionally we have ridden on Saturday, returning to home port Sunday. We are also planning an extended stay in E Cowes, and riding Saturday probably works best? I will contact the Ride Leader and test the water.
    No worries. I don't think we've done a bank holiday weekend before have we? Always been a Saturday ride then depart for home Sunday.

I presume G is organising the ride? The Randonnee course was a good one. Found some quieter roads than our last venture and went clockwise rather than anti clockwise.

Henry

Any thoughts on timings for Saturday ride? I need to sort dogs and get the ferry over to join you from cowes? unfortunately zippy is ashore not and most likely not relaunched in time so I’m just coming over for the day, ride and catch up after before heading back on the ferry Saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by z1ppy View Post
    Any thoughts on timings for Saturday ride? I need to sort dogs and get the ferry over to join you from cowes? unfortunately zippy is ashore not and most likely not relaunched in time so I’m just coming over for the day, ride and catch up after before heading back on the ferry Saturday afternoon.
    Something like an 09.30 start from E Cowes Howard.

That works for me. .8.00 ferry gets in at 9. Shoot over to ecm and sneeky espresso before the off..

If this doesnt work for others tho I can change!!

Quote Originally Posted by z1ppy View Post
    That works for me. .8.00 ferry gets in at 9. Shoot over to ecm and sneeky espresso before the off..

If this doesnt work for others tho I can change!!
    I will clock in with the Ride Leader H.

Thanks for that Roy. If we use the Randonnee route From a couple of weeks ago we miss out much of the main road. Not all but a good portion. We could also take the bike gravel track from Yarmouth up to Freshwater along the old railway possibly?

9.30am sounds a respectable start time. Early enough to impress the non cyclists but not too early to preclude a pre ride coffee. You're more than welcome to come aboard Emily Jo for a cheeky one Howard.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by henryf View Post
    Thanks for that Roy. If we use the Randonnee route From a couple of weeks ago we miss out much of the main road. Not all but a good portion. We could also take the bike gravel track from Yarmouth up to Freshwater along the old railway possibly?

9.30am sounds a respectable start time. Early enough to impress the non cyclists but not too early to preclude a pre ride coffee. You're more than welcome to come aboard Emily Jo for a cheeky one Howard.

Henry
    On the Randonee there was 2 routes in Freshwater, the old railway line as you say and a road route for those who didn't want their road bike on the gravel.

Do all remember that this is not just a cycling event - anyone who is boating in the Solent (or further afield for that matter) is welcome to join us.

Just to clarify -

Meeting at East Cowes Marina. We are having a dinner on Saturday the 25th.

Regrettably I have to leave on the Sunday due to other commitments.

I will be about on the Saturday, to offer any mechanical support if anyone needs it.
    Gary, Henry and Howard all have my mobi number.
    Also looking to join you for grub in the evening.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast