Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fitting Charge Pressure Guage kit to KAD42

There is no way anybody in my crew is going to be able to stand in my engine bay to take these tests so after the expense of doing it I may as well make it a permanent fixture

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    There is no way anybody in my crew is going to be able to stand in my engine bay to take these tests so after the expense of doing it I may as well make it a permanent fixture
    true, but you could buy the adapters (cannot imagine spending more than 10quid on them!) 10m of what 5-6mm vacum hose, a 3way valve and an el cheapo analogue boost gauge, or get a WIKA for another 20quid. You route the pipes to a suitable locker next to your helm, and when you want to test things bring it up get one of the crew to hold the gauge and you do the testing...
    No senders, no wiring, no holes in the dash. Obviously you don't unplug any of these pipes else some of the boost will escape through that but you'll hear it
    TBH, it's boring to just look at them gauges stuck somewhere be it zero or 2bar, no serious variations (at least in my case) nothing! It's a great debug tool though.

V.

I bought the bloody things already. Not make me feel worse about it. I feel like a bluearsed fly chasing my tail on this one and all I ever asked was can the SC's be muffled and here we are. Faffing with turbo's. It's not like the rest of my boat isn't in a zillion pieces with all the other projects going on.

Well this will make you really sick....had a genius idea.

Fit the m18 to 1/8npt adapter.

Get 2 x 1/8npt tyre valves (brass....1.79)

Get Bluetooth tyre pressure monitor sensors and stick them on the tyre valves.

If the sensors can handle life on a wheel, I’m sure they’ll be ok sat on an engine!

No wiring, can use an app or solar powered supply display or wire in a small display. Total cost under 50.

Gonna give it a go anyway!

Thanks Paul. I feel immensely better now. I only forked out 200 thinking bargain after seeing Volvo prices. Ah well, I'll have forgotten this time next month. I still got a bargain though, relatively speaking

Let’s see if my idea works yet!

That does seem like a genius idea. I too have been wrestling with an easy solution to get boost readings on the flybridge

This looks interesting - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycl....c100005.m1851

Don't the tyre pressure monitors need the the rotation of the wheel to activate them? Ie they only start transmitting when they detect some rotation.

Maybe a vibrating engine will also activate them?

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    That does seem like a genius idea. I too have been wrestling with an easy solution to get boost readings on the flybridge

This looks interesting - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycl....c100005.m1851
    That’s the exact one I bought!

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    Don't the tyre pressure monitors need the the rotation of the wheel to activate them? Ie they only start transmitting when they detect some rotation.

Maybe a vibrating engine will also activate them?

Bugger.....You could well be right there.

It was all going so well!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast