Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fitting Charge Pressure Guage kit to KAD42

Quote Originally Posted by FARSCO View Post
    Bugger.....You could well be right there.

It was all going so well!
    I know the feeling Boet. However in one of the diagrams they show a 90 degree valve so it seems the centrifugal switch in the sensor can work in that direction too. Hopefully the engine vibration will be enough to rattle it about enough to get a reading

Roy told me the whining of your superchargers sets car alarms off so Im hopeful

You've been taking lessons I see.

Funny man that Roy. I wouldn't take him seriously. He's still bitter after buying a new boat only to discover that I can still out run him even when on just 3 of 4 props.

See if you can spot Roy?

Last edited by BruceK; 06-02-19 at 12:19.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    I know the feeling Boet. However in one of the diagrams they show a 90 degree valve so it seems the centrifugal switch in the sensor can work in that direction too. Hopefully the engine vibration will be enough to rattle it about enough to get a reading
    guys from the ebay ad:

Sensor Battery life: about 1-2 years

so I think you should be ok

Here's his School Bus

Quote Originally Posted by vas View Post
    guys from the ebay ad:

Sensor Battery life: about 1-2 years

so I think you should be ok
    80 hours use but auto start. How does it autostart. Must be a centrifugal switch in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
    80 hours use but auto start. How does it autostart. Must be a centrifugal switch in it.
    Maybe just a movement sensor rather than centrifugal? Hope so, then vibration should set it off.

I will let you know! If it works, I’ll market it to the forum

Might be a few weeks....coming from China.

So, the kit arrived today and I have been having a limited play this afternoon. It seems that when the sensor is detecting changes in pressure or temperature, then it stays on and communicates with the screen. But if left for 3 minutes or so without change then the sensor seems to go to sleep. It needs to be tilted 90 degrees to wake it up and then it sends an update to the screen. The screen display also goes to sleep, but vibration keeps it on. Obviously I have not tested it on the boat, but I doubt it will give an 'always on' reading when underway if the sensor is fixed directly to the engine. A solution could be to add a rubber valve extension and use a cable tie to fix mid-tube so the sensor is encouraged to be swinging around. Farsco, looking forward to hearing your report on it too when it arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    So, the kit arrived today and I have been having a limited play this afternoon. It seems that when the sensor is detecting changes in pressure or temperature, then it stays on and communicates with the screen. But if left for 3 minutes or so without change then the sensor seems to go to sleep. It needs to be tilted 90 degrees to wake it up and then it sends an update to the screen. The screen display also goes to sleep, but vibration keeps it on. Obviously I have not tested it on the boat, but I doubt it will give an 'always on' reading when underway if the sensor is fixed directly to the engine. A solution could be to add a rubber valve extension and use a cable tie to fix mid-tube so the sensor is encouraged to be swinging around. Farsco, looking forward to hearing your report on it too when it arrives!
    Thanks for the update.

I certainly will! Maybe the change in boost pressure that you must get by a few psi even when cruising will keep it awake? You can get some “stationary” tpms systems that stay on all the time but they are a few hundred quid. I was wondering if the sensor could be modified to stay on all the time. We shall see!

Another option is this http://www.transducersdirect.com/pro...e-transducers/

Again, not that cheap and needs an app. I don’t think you can see 2 sensors at the same time with those either.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast