Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New gen anchors fitting a Moody 34

With a degree of trepidation at starting a "What anchor" thread, I'm looking for suggestions as to which new gen anchor will / wont fit on the anchor roller for a moody 34?

Any suggestions?

Default Re: New gen anchors fitting a Moody 34

Similar dilemma for us at the moment with our Moody and found a few suggestions so far on the MOA website, worth a look.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Crisby View Post
    Similar dilemma for us at the moment with our Moody and found a few suggestions so far on the MOA website, worth a look.

Chris
    A 25kg rocna fits ours Chris if that's any help
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Thanks Vic, we were wondering if it would, the 20 does but the 25 is our preference. Scruff, sorry for the thread hijack!

Chris

Rocna do templates of their anchors that you download and print onto A4 paper and stick together. I did this for my new anchor and stuck the template onto cardboard. Whilst it is only 2D it does give a good idea of fit. Possibly other manufacturers do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Boathook View Post
    Rocna do templates of their anchors that you download and print onto A4 paper and stick together. I did this for my new anchor and stuck the template onto cardboard. Whilst it is only 2D it does give a good idea of fit. Possibly other manufacturers do the same?
    It seem less common than you would expect - odd as if the anchor fits you might make more sales.

Sorry cannot help with the OPs, specific, question.

Jonathan
    Last edited by Neeves; 06-02-19 at 06:21.

Probably can, but only as long as you don't expect to sit to a swinging mooring with the anchor on the bow roller as it will foul the strop.

A 35lb CQR sits on my M346 with the plough part tied to the side well away from the strop.

Donald

@scruff Ronca sit on most bow rollers the problem is if any thing jet out like your Furler or any stainless which the hoop can catch on .
    Has boathook said print out the template .
    We do find the tip ends up just a few mm away from the bow if you have it that taught, we have our just tight on the chain then tie the hoop off .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Not a direct comparison but maybe some help. I have a 27kg Knox on the bow of my M44 and it fits comfortably as would the 25kg Rocna. Knox can give you detailed measurements so easy enough to check. I didn't bother to make a template as there was clearly space all around.

I made a 3d cardboard cut out for my 15kg. Spade, great bit of origami and very close to the real thing; been told off since in here that it is too heavy for a M. S31, is 25kg. necessary for a Moody 34?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast