Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New gen anchors fitting a Moody 34

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    I made a 3d cardboard cut out for my 15kg. Spade, great bit of origami and very close to the real thing; been told off since in here that it is too heavy for a M. S31, is 25kg. necessary for a Moody 34?
    If your plainning to live on your hook the bigger the better , although for 31 foot a 20kg would do the job nicely , we had a 25kg on A M42 and does the job nicely but I would had been better off with A 30Kg as we live on our hook no matter what the weather throw at us .
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Default Re: New gen anchors fitting a Moody 34

The question of "will it fit?" is one I get a lot, but people often forget to state where they want it to fit.
    This one is definite - fit the bow roller - but there are other places. I'm tempted to answer that I don't know the size of the anchor locker to be able to tell. Like Rocna, we offer templates of the side profile and all dimensions in other directions. A cardboard template is often enough to check fit - the bow roller, anchor locker, deck fitting, stern locker, under berth locker, tiller flat - been asked all these!.
    It's also a fact it seems that the same model and make of boat can have different bow rollers, stemheads or anchor locker sizes.
    Geoff. C.: Galvanizer and anchor manufacturer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12