Thread: Italy

Default Italy

Any recommendations, we are now considering to move boat to Italy, south possibly, so we can have access to Adriatic and Greece.

Default Re: Italy

For practicality and cost we used Danese boatyard in Brindisi as a Winter ashore base a few times- short overnight to Corfu or across to Dubrovnik or a little further up to Korcula. We would also go up to Pescara then on from there to Venice (and back the much more interesting way down the Croatian coast).

But if you leave the Ionian out of the equation and still want to be in Italy then Northeastern Italy makes more sense and has attractive sailing grounds closer.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertW View Post
    For practicality and cost we used Danese boatyard in Brindisi as a Winter ashore base a few times- short overnight to Corfu or across to Dubrovnik or a little further up to Korcula. We would also go up to Pescara then on from there to Venice (and back the much more interesting way down the Croatian coast).

But if you leave the Ionian out of the equation and still want to be in Italy then Northeastern Italy makes more sense and has attractive sailing grounds closer.
    Thanks, I have just email them for more informations and cost,
    Best Regards

Sibari in the gulf of squalls. Half-a-Day trip to Greece. Well known as a mafia money laundering marina. Along with housing and bungalow projects, it was used to provide a service which was incidental to the aim which was to bury money for a later date. Safe as Fort Knox, and protection extended for quite a distance from the complex. Nobody dared to break into any boat.

I once went into the office with a burnt out transformer power dongle. I asked for the time the shuttle went to town so I could buy another. The manager came out and insisted the marina was probably responsible. He pushed money in hand and said "forget it but we keep the transformer",

No kidding, the place was a bottomless money pit. They were so anxious to spend money for any justifiable reason it became embarrassing to make a compliant about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnitBlue View Post
    Sibari in the gulf of squalls. Half-a-Day trip to Greece. Well known as a mafia money laundering marina. Along with housing and bungalow projects, it was used to provide a service which was incidental to the aim which was to bury money for a later date. Safe as Fort Knox, and protection extended for quite a distance from the complex. Nobody dared to break into any boat.

I once went into the office with a burnt out transformer power dongle. I asked for the time the shuttle went to town so I could buy another. The manager came out and insisted the marina was probably responsible. He pushed money in hand and said "forget it but we keep the transformer",

No kidding, the place was a bottomless money pit. They were so anxious to spend money for any justifiable reason it became embarrassing to make a compliant about anything.
    I just looked the prices! Its cheaper than swinging mooring in UK, and marina looks lovely! Thanks