Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

    The Hamble River jungle drums are a beating!

    Looks like Universal Marina has got permission to put in a Jet ski park at the top end of their pontoons. That will please the paddle boarders!!. I hear that quite a few berth holders are up in arms too about the safety aspect and the noise. No more quiet and peaceful Afternoons on the Hamble...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    boat conwy
    Posts
    3,326

    Default Re: PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

    Quote Originally Posted by FenderPhil View Post
    The Hamble River jungle drums are a beating!

    Looks like Universal Marina has got permission to put in a Jet ski park at the top end of their pontoons. That will please the paddle boarders!!. I hear that quite a few berth holders are up in arms too about the safety aspect and the noise. No more quiet and peaceful Afternoons on the Hamble...
    Water is for all,but I do hate jet skis

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

    Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    Water is for all,but I do hate jet skis
    I just hate the irresponsible ones who give others a bad name, the biggest problem on the Hamble is a large number of the RIB owners, not jet skis as they tend to stay out of the way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Surrey and Gosport UK
    Posts
    1,509

    Default Re: PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

    Has anyone warned the Redjet of this news. Cannot imagine the ferry cos will be that keen to have more about . Presumably to berth they will at least have some insurance though?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

    So having had a look at the Universal Marina facility, I can report back good news. Most marinas that offer jetski berthing (or worse launching) are associated rightly so with lunatics who have no respective to other yacht users and owners. I popped down to the marina for lunch, and had a look around and I'm seriously impressed. They have state of the art docks to store them on, instructors on site and everyone has a set of rules to follow. I'd never buy a jetski, but if someone gave me one, and I wanted to be on the solent, I'd keep it there. Equally, I'd have no question about keeping my yacht at Universal
    ~ Better a bad day on the water than a good day in the office ~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    fareham hampshire
    Posts
    1,620

    Default Re: PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

    Quote Originally Posted by c.buck View Post
    So having had a look at the Universal Marina facility, I can report back good news. Most marinas that offer jetski berthing (or worse launching) are associated rightly so with lunatics who have no respective to other yacht users and owners. I popped down to the marina for lunch, and had a look around and I'm seriously impressed. They have state of the art docks to store them on, instructors on site and everyone has a set of rules to follow. I'd never buy a jetski, but if someone gave me one, and I wanted to be on the solent, I'd keep it there. Equally, I'd have no question about keeping my yacht at Universal
    Is a jet ski rental sight a well.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to