Default PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

The Hamble River jungle drums are a beating!

Looks like Universal Marina has got permission to put in a Jet ski park at the top end of their pontoons. That will please the paddle boarders!!. I hear that quite a few berth holders are up in arms too about the safety aspect and the noise. No more quiet and peaceful Afternoons on the Hamble...

Default Re: PWC's - New docking and jet ski park at Universal Marina Hamble

Quote Originally Posted by FenderPhil View Post
    The Hamble River jungle drums are a beating!

Looks like Universal Marina has got permission to put in a Jet ski park at the top end of their pontoons. That will please the paddle boarders!!. I hear that quite a few berth holders are up in arms too about the safety aspect and the noise. No more quiet and peaceful Afternoons on the Hamble...
    Water is for all,but I do hate jet skis

Quote Originally Posted by seastoke View Post
    Water is for all,but I do hate jet skis
    I just hate the irresponsible ones who give others a bad name, the biggest problem on the Hamble is a large number of the RIB owners, not jet skis as they tend to stay out of the way.

Has anyone warned the Redjet of this news. Cannot imagine the ferry cos will be that keen to have more about . Presumably to berth they will at least have some insurance though?

So having had a look at the Universal Marina facility, I can report back good news. Most marinas that offer jetski berthing (or worse launching) are associated rightly so with lunatics who have no respective to other yacht users and owners. I popped down to the marina for lunch, and had a look around and I'm seriously impressed. They have state of the art docks to store them on, instructors on site and everyone has a set of rules to follow. I'd never buy a jetski, but if someone gave me one, and I wanted to be on the solent, I'd keep it there. Equally, I'd have no question about keeping my yacht at Universal
    ~ Better a bad day on the water than a good day in the office ~

Quote Originally Posted by c.buck View Post
    So having had a look at the Universal Marina facility, I can report back good news. Most marinas that offer jetski berthing (or worse launching) are associated rightly so with lunatics who have no respective to other yacht users and owners. I popped down to the marina for lunch, and had a look around and I'm seriously impressed. They have state of the art docks to store them on, instructors on site and everyone has a set of rules to follow. I'd never buy a jetski, but if someone gave me one, and I wanted to be on the solent, I'd keep it there. Equally, I'd have no question about keeping my yacht at Universal
    Is a jet ski rental sight a well.