Thread: Low Pressure?

Default Low Pressure?

Looked out this afternoon and there is less than half a metre of freeboard on the lighthouse pier, about a metre above a normal spring high tide, the barometer in the kitchen has been hard against the bottom stop, 968mb. since this morning, I can not remember ever seeing the needle back so far before. I presume as it moves through the gusty wind which has now abated will swing and increase.
    Is this a 'normal' winter low or is this depression exceptional?

Default Re: Low Pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Looked out this afternoon and there is less than half a metre of freeboard on the lighthouse pier, about a metre above a normal spring high tide, the barometer in the kitchen has been hard against the bottom stop, 968mb. since this morning, I can not remember ever seeing the needle back so far before. I presume as it moves through the gusty wind which has now abated will swing and increase.
    Is this a 'normal' winter low or is this depression exceptional?
    It must be exceptional my body reacts to low pressure by creating pain all over the body , I am like a walking Barometer , and I woke up like someone had beaten me black and blue , and it was the first thing the lady love said , there was a big low coming in . So am sitting here in pain all over .
    And the Storm gates were up at Largs road and Ardrossan Harbor

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

You Scots have an "interesting" one there:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/...ime=1549584000

I get a lot of innocent fun out of the barometer app on my iPhone. 992 and falling in London..

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    I woke up like someone had beaten me black and blue , and it was the first thing the lady love said , there was a big low coming in . So am sitting here in pain all over .
    You are very lucky to have such an interesting love life. Some people pay a lot for that sort of treatment

so I am told!

Quote Originally Posted by Resolution View Post
    You are very lucky to have such an interesting love life. Some people pay a lot for that sort of treatment

so I am told!
    I rent the wife out although I have not told her yet

Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    I rent the wife out although I have not told her yet
    Aaaah, you have been reading the Irish, free sex, joke down in the lounge, you are too young to be going in that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Quandary View Post
    Aaaah, you have been reading the Irish, free sex, joke down in the lounge, you are too young to be going in that place.
    I have been blinded