Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Finally a bike that fits any boat - a game changer?

Quote Originally Posted by mainsail1 View Post
    I may have been unlucky but my experience is that 2years is about it for a battery and they don't half cost a lot to replace.
    Just like all batteries they need looking after the gel ones did about 400 cycles with every day use, and the replacements a bit more. The lithium were not used as much and the trick is proper maintenance, when not used they get a one hour top up every day, keeps them sweet
    Peter

I am about to get rid of the two bikes that came with the boat. A complete waste of space.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

I just want to get up to the SuperU from Plouër-sur-rance, it is uphill all the way, and I am old.
    For whatever we lose,(like a you, or a me)
    It's always ourself We find in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Calvert View Post
    Wouldn't trust it over a cattle grid.
    Has your boat got cattle grids ? </impressed>

Boo2

deleted
    It is all down to the fact that my wife does not understand me !!

The A Bike is less compact and heavier but might be worth a look, if you can cope with tiny wheels:

http://a-bike.co.uk/product-category/bikes/

Whats it like on Dutch cobbles
    Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost, in order to lose everything we had...

Sadly I think as has been covered the illegality of the e-scooter rules them out, though in my view they should be legalised—if a few hundred people driving into London each day could be persuaded to take one of these things instead, it would be fantastic, and, as a cyclist, I'd have no objection to sharing cycle paths with them, if limited to say 20-25mph...

I've seen the A-bikes before—I really like the idea, but I fear it's a city concept. I can't imagine those wheels would be comfortable on a country road. Although of course it's bigger and heavier, the Brompton has an awful lot going for it. I've been riding a borrowed one quite a bit recently, for various reasons, and carting it on and off trains, down the Tube, and indeed onto boats... If I had room, I'd definitely take one for my summer cruising, but the Achilles is probably not amenable to yet another bit of clutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo2 View Post
    Has your boat got cattle grids ? </impressed>

Boo2
    That must be said by someone whose boat is so large they assume that bikes are for riding on board...

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by weustace View Post
    I can't imagine those wheels would be comfortable on a country road. Although of course it's bigger and heavier, the Brompton has an awful lot going for it.
    I've been riding my "marinized" brompton for a couple of months now. I'm finding even those wheels smaller than ideal for uneven London roads: those tiny wheels on the ebike in the video don't look like what I'd want for extended cruising in places where roads a are variably paved. The brompton doesn't fold as small as the ebike in the video but I've found locker space for it. The brompton has the significant advantage of being able to use chocolate as a power source so doesn't divert valuable solar power from necessary tasks like playing cat videos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast